What do you do when...

Ephchap

Hi. My name is Deb and I'm a cleaner too.
:rofl:
Back in the day when difficult child was out all night or in bed and wouldn't get up (after effects of drugging), I had the cleanest house on the planet. I would literally scrub anything and everything.

I think somehow I was trying to scrub away the frustration.

Even now, during stressful times, I find that I scrub. I am not the world's best declutterer, but I do zero in on one spot or room and clean and clean. My kitchen counters, floors, blinds, etc. During that dark period when difficult child was drugging, I think I totally scrubbed down three rooms at any given time.

Unfortunately, I've also been known to nibble while on this cleaning frenzy, so I clean and munch, clean and munch. Clean house, fat body.

Ughhhh.

Deb

On_Call

I'm not sure I can call it cleaning - guess it's more like "straightening". I take everything out of a particularly messy cubpoard - like my cake tins/cookie sheets and/or the Tupperware cupboard - and reorganize it. It probably only lasts for a few weeks, but it makes me feel better for a while. This works especially in the winter.

In the spring, it is the yard and flowers that get the attention. I can spend a whole weekend elbow deep in dirt, worms and weeds. I think these sort of tasks allow me to completely focus on a task that I can control - not the 1 million things that I totally cannot control.

Hmmmm, that cake tin/baking cupboard could really use some attention . . . . . :rofl:

Sue C

OK, all you declutterers and cleaners, you inspired me. Yesterday I cleaned out a kitchen drawer where I keep my phone address book, recipe cards, and a few little things. Well, that is also where I throw coupons. I never remember to use the coupons I throw into the drawer, so it is silly to hang onto them in the first place. Anyway, I took everything out of the drawer and threw away coupons that dated back to 2004.

Sue

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I used to throw myself into cleaning or starting a project. I then developed a love of gardening, so if it's during gardening season, you will find me preoccupied with weeding, transplanting, or just sitting in there puttering around. I also, if I have a few extra dollars, might go shopping...under the guise of 'window shopping' and maybe treat myself to a latte and cookie at starbucks. Another thing is curling up under my supersoft blue blankey with a book and maybe H for a nap. Watching an old favorite movie. Zoning out on the computer playing solitaire or Mahjong until my eyes are red and tearing. Going for a walk with my pups helps get me out of a funk sometimes. I'd say the most pleasurable way to get me back in line when I'm out of sorts is a visit to the butterfly conservatory. That place just brings me pure joy!