What is dabbing weed?

Lil

I always thought of hookahs and other types of water pipes as rather interchangeable. I stand corrected.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Hookah and shisha are interchangable. It just depends on what culture. There are many more names for the shared water pipe used to smoke flavored tobacco in Middle Eastern cultures.

I call it Shisha because that's what the couple of cafes I went to as a young woman called it. Shisha applies to the whole ritual around that type of smoking. Not sure if hookah does or not.

Another name for the pipe itself is "narghile". I think shisha is Turkish, which wouldn't surprise me as I got into it in Germany which was experiencing a wave of Turkish immigrants at that time. The proprieters of the cafes were Muslim and would've frowned greatly on the use of intoxicants on their premises, though they did tolerate naked headed kaffir women.

MJHater

MJHater
Someone told me this is something becoming popular in our area. I have no idea about it. I don't understand what comes up when I google it.
I am new to this forum today! So glad I found it. I haven't written about my story with a drug addict son, but wanted to answer this question. I have never done drugs in my life nor even been drunk but I know all about dabbing because of my son's addiction. This will be next thing that no one saw coming. Basically, my son has been drawn to drugs since a teenager. None of us can figure out why. He was introduced to "dabbing" after he came home from the ARMY. Dabbing consists of boiling down the psychoactive parts of the marijuana plant to make it incredibly strong as is done with a tincture or other herbs. The idiot friend who had been a pot smoker for years bragged that dabbing knocked him to his knees due to it's strength. It is more psychoactive and causes day long highs when the dosage is strong enough.

My son used this and tried to make it Hash oil or wax. Even going to another house we own to try and do it himself until we confronted him. He has no caring, no empathy, just a focus on pursuing this drug any way he can. It is very dangerous to make as the process can literally blow up just like a meth lab. These addicts use a glass smoking bowl and tube that looks much like what you have seen with harder drug use. They boil the stuff down till it looks like wax or glue and then take a small "dab", therefore dabbing, put it on a nail in the tube, light it and inhale the fumes up the glass tube. Experienced users often pass out it is so strong. My son tried to use the excuse that it helped his PTSD, (he used drugs before he ever went to the ARMY) and that we could not say anything because it was really just a plant. It used the cannabis extract in a vapor pen and I can tell you from first hand experience that you could NOT smell the cannibas in the vape pen. His buddy who teaches at a local college also uses the vape pen while at work and often brags that no one knows. I would love to turn them all in but don't know how to start and also know that they would immediately suspect me. When my son went a few days without the stuff he became nervous, agitated and crying. To substitute he bought a large bag of regular pot and literally smoked it 24/7 in about 2 days to keep himself from going nuts. A few days later we found LSD in his room as well. When questioned he stormed out of our house saying that if he had to choose between his parents and drugs...then he chose drugs. We haven't talked to him in over a year and he is living with his ex-current wife who enables him. I am certain he is still making the dabs which is a felony. This stuff is serious, dangerous and capable of causing psychotic behavior. I've seen it first hand.