What would you ask for if...

tiredmommy

you could sit on Santa's knee? I'm imagining Raoul dressed as Santa with a few of his hunkiest friends as elves, of course!

Would you ask for jewelry, electronics, or a first class vacation? Maybe a first edition of your favorite classic book? A new wardrobe?

What would you like to find under the tree? And, have you been naughty or ice this year? :santa:

I've been mostly nice (I think!) and I would like an addition onto my home to enlarge my kitchen. And something sparkly too!:cutie_pie:

Last edited:

Jena

hmm i read that and thought "me" what would I want for me??? interesting thought.....lol

Ok I want a 5 day vacation to Aruba...........:hawaii_girl:where i could horse back ride through the hills on the beach again......... and drink alot!!! :)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I would LOVE a new kitchen. We didn't budget for that when we did our addition 8 years ago...

Aside from that, what I really, Really, REALLY would like is for my difficult child's to be stable and to acheive to their fullest potential, both academically and socially, which right now is not happening :( That makes me sad and frustrated, because I feel like time is slipping by and they are going to miss out on a lot if they don't figure things out soon. That is my biggest, and most important wish.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well.....gee if Raoul is Santa........I just might have to think on it alot so I could sit on his lap for a very looooooong time. :rofl:

But my biggest thing would be to pass the entrance exam. lol Of course I don't think Santa's miracles include nursing exams. ;)

So, I'll ask him for an empty nest instead. :D I mean, come on.....Travis is 22 and Nichole is 19! I'm beginning to think it's never gonna be empty. And I'm overdue for some peace on earth!

Other than that..........Most of mine are taken care of. Nichole is getting me the Harry Potter books. (all of them) And I got myself the Sims 3. :D Don't know what Travis and easy child are getting me, but hey the 2 things I wanted mostest are already covered so the rest is gravy. :rofl:

F

flutterbee

I want a diagnosis, but I guess Santa can't make that in his workshop.

You know, I'll have to think about this. Jewelry is always nice of course, but it's not something I'm lusting after. Hmmmm....if I could have anything, what I would want?

I'll get back to you.

Oh, wait...I know. I want a stereo. A real one. Mine died several years ago and I've never replaced it. I listen to CD's on my computer and stream music from the internet, and my computer has a good sound system so I can hear it throughout the house, but it's not the same. I want a really nice stereo - one of those that you *have* to read the manual to figure out how to use - with speakers in every room.

ETA: Oh, and I've been nice, too. Like I'd admit I'd been naughty. Sheesh. Then I wouldn't get anything from Santa. :santa:

Last edited by a moderator:

Woofens

Wow... that one is hard. M got me a laptop, it is my main Christmas present this year ( and what I wanted the most).

We are planning a trip to Disney world for the kids for Christmas. My biggest wish would be a trip with no rages and no meltdowns. We're giving the kids their Nintendo DS's Christmas Day, in FL. So at least they will have those for the ride home (we are driving).

Hugs
Jan

maril

:elf: I got a kick out of everyone's ideas! There are some real practical ones and heartfelt ones, too.

Let me see . . . I would like to have peace on Earth. Okay . . . besides that, I'd like to have a nice house in the country with lots of property, a kitchen and great room that Martha Stewart would envy, AND lots of quad trails for husband and difficult child to go to and get their energy out. I definitely think my wish connects to the peace on Earth thing -- at least there might be peace on my little piece of the Earth! ;) I'm not asking for much, am I? :surprise:

F

flutterbee

Did you read Lisa's post? Sitting on Santa's, aka Raoul's, lap. Uh huh. She's being naughty. :bigsmile:

susiestar

Roll With It
I would like a day where I didn't hurt. And a clean house, with all the laundry done.

I guess I have been nice - I don't feel well enough to be naughty.

A trip to disney would be fun, but I would rather have a clean house and 1 day where I didn't hurt and didn't have to pay for whatever I did with days of pain.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'd ask the Extreme Home Makeover Team to come over & gut my home. husband & I had always intended to move up one size when the tweedles were placed with us; however the computer industry bottomed out about that time & husband went back to school while I worked. (Our ever ending promise was to carry a mortgage that only one income could pay in case something happened to one or the other's of our jobs.)

Yup, a mud roome, new kitchen, add a few feet to our bedroom downstairs ~ totally gut & redo the upstairs. I always thought it would be cool to have our mortgage paid off while thank you was at it. I have plans that I made up using BHG software.

You asked......:bigsmile:

goldenguru

Hmmm. Non- tangible? Hubby to be better - forever. Health for my family.

Tangible - just for me? I so desperately need new clothes. I would love some hip, contemporary new threads. Hard to stay in fashion when you shop at garage sales and consignment shops. :cutie_pie:

Wiped Out

Staff member
I would love some peace in my family, for easy child and difficult child to both be stable. Debt free would be great as well!

A house remodeling would be great too!

I think I've been mostly nice this year but, of course, I'm not objective!:)

donna723

I always have trouble coming up with things for myself for others to get me (but if I was turned loose at the mall with thousands, I'd manage to spend it all)! The best I could come up with when my son asked me is a Dremel for doing the dogs' toe nails!

Numina

1. Six weeks alone ala Extreme Makeover - but no surgery.
2. The ability to speak and write perfect Dutch
3. Us three to sit down as a family and all eat the same (healthy) meal.

Well, if you're gonna dream. Dream big!

klmno

To your corner, Lisa....ALONE!!!

Ok, I already know- all money difficult child and I owe paid off. Then, send me to that island vacation while the house projects are being done (paint house, difficult child's rage damage repaired, new roof and gutters, redo upstairs bathroom, new carpet, and add a sunroom). difficult child will be at the miracle cure place during this time (it's amazing what can be accomplished in two weeks when one sets their mind to "dream mode"), so that when the holidays are over, we return to our ideal home, in our ideal world, and he's even more responsible and mature than a typical teen!!

Love this thread, TM:D!!! Ok, I'm going to be totally, 100% self-centered here - (Of course, I'll be sitting on Santa's knee for a really, really, loooooong time too, lol)

First, I want my health back - I want to be able to run long distances, outside again... (I want husband's health issues to disappear too...) Just like Lisa (daisylover), I WANT an empty nest. Now, I know, I haven't put in as much time as Lisa yet, BUT, I WANT IT NOW!!! Then, I want husband and I to be able to reconnect with one another - I want to take a loooooooooong romantic cruise with a balcony off of our stateroom - I want to hit lots of tropical destinations....... Have long, leisurely dinners.... Relax on lots of beautiful beaches.... :D

It's good to daydream... WFEN:santa:

Andy

The line has gotten sooooo long and taking soooo much time. Can we set a time limit on Santa's lap? Come on guys! You need to share and take turns!

:rolfl:

My debt paid off, a clean sweep of every corner of the house, money for a family vacation (O.K. lots of family vacations), easy child to start investing in a good future, difficult child to start loving all his classes.

LittleDudesMom

:santa: Well I suppose the first thing I would ask for is that Santa survive my sitting on his knee!

After I was assured of that, well my Christmas wish would be not specifically for me. It would be for my children. I would ask that easy child continues to be happy and stays physically and emotionall well. I would wish for my sweet difficult child that he were able to get a handle on himself and learn to live with his diagnosis. That he would be able to find that passion that could lead him to making that one corner of the world a better place - it could be his world or the world at large. That he would mature with an understanding of where his place is and what the purpose of his life is. I don't want to worry about his tomorrows. That would be the greatest gift, the knowledge that he will be ok.

And, a little something sparkly for me wouldn't hurt!

Sharon

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Since we're dreaming...it doesn't have to be about anyone else or any specific issues, right?

I am totally down with TM - I WANT A MUD ROOM TOO!!!

Aside from that I would love an all expense paid trip to Tuscany & Florence Italy and Barcelona Spain. While we're away, H will have hired a team of expert carpenters to finish his upper addition and inside construction work (aka NEW kitchen and full master bath upstairs).

Money to: pay off all our debt, easy child's car included and enough to buy difficult child a better car as well, and to place my mom in the best facility money can buy near me.

A fenced in area in my yard so all the pups could enjoy a nice romp leash-free and without worry that Sophie will run to the neighbor's yard (again).

And now some altruism...

I would ask that H could have an easier job he enjoyed so he didn't have to work out in the cold and so hard. I would ask that difficult child shed her past and move forward once and for all. I would ask that easy child take life a little slower. I would ask that my siblings didn't all live so far from one another. I would ask that my co-worker's bad luck would come to a happy end. I would ask that my nephew grow up and do something worthwhile with himself (he is so lost).

Am I greedy? Hey, we're dreaming here.