When they don't know .......you know.

Star*

call 911........call 911
If I could tell you the things I hear in a 12 hour period? It would probably not floor most of you but it would beat ANYTHING those "stupid" shows are putting out on tv. When I tell you that humans treat other humans like dung.,,,it's the understatement of the year.

InsaneCdn

Star? You know, and I know, that you just made the understatement of the year.
Humans treating other humans like dung? In a lot of cases, dung gets treated better.
The ugly side of humanity. Most of it, with a significant back story.

I don't know how you do it day after day...

susiestar

Roll With It
I think parking brings out the stupid and mean in people. About ten years ago a friend of mine was actually sued for planting flowers where a neighbor wanted to park and to have his kids and their friends park. This spot wasn't just large - he wanted to park about six cars there. The spot was ON HER PROPERTY. NOT on an easement, it was well over 50 feet inside her property on all sides.

People can be just nuts.

As for the laptop, Star? Why not take it in and ask them to fix it and erase everything but the programs? Let them know that it was given to you and that you do not know what the files are and you do not want to know. You just want them deleted. I know our computer guy is happy to do this. He is so busy that he doesn't get time to look at the files and unless soemthing really grabs his attention with a crazy/scary name or icon, he doesn't bother to even wonder about it.

I like your donkey song!

LOL on the roadkill, Star. It is true that you generally say that the deer hit you to your ins co. Partly because it is true. They do tend to hit vehicles. I have seen more than my share of deer related accidents and often you can tell that the car was not aiming for the deer, but that the deer was running and ran into the car. It always reminds me of my Gpa. He got a 3 wheel bicycle when I was little. He had it a couple of weeks and then he hit a car with it. Gma wouldn't let him ride a bike that moved after that.

One really AWESOME treat for dogs is to take rawhide chew chips and boil them in beef or chicken or pork broth. I have always hated the red/brownish rawhides because they get that color all over the floor/carpet/furniture. You can use any size/shape that will fit into your pot. Just add enough broth to cover them and let them boil until soft. Take them out, let them dry on racks overnight or for a day or three, and then store in a ziploc. I keep the bulk of them in the freezer and 3-4 of them in the fridge. Not sure you have to do that, I just do because it is a place the dog cannot get to. I use the chips instead of bones because all the dogs I have spent time with have consumed them in one or two sittings.

You can do this with any broth or broth leftover after boiling chicken or whatever. We have often used the broth not absorbed by the rawhides to make gravy or whatever. it hasn't caused any problems for us that we are aware of, so you don't have to waste the leftover broth. If nothing else, freeze it in a labelled container until the next time you want to boil rawhides.

DammitJanet

Oh Star.....do you have a saw to cut up bones? I cant remember exactly how many dogs you have. I know we have Casper, Bull, Pootie, Ouxia, and LC right? If so that is one more leg than deer have...lmao. Look for a present in the mail soon. The next deer Tony cleans we are going to send to you. We have enough here. You should be able to cut them in half and have bones the dogs will chew on for at least a few weeks. I know you are gonna tell me they will crunch them in 5 minutes but I swear these things are much tougher than you expect. I think its because this is the strongest bone that they stand on all their lives. Seriously mine are just now starting to wear down the first leg. My only problem is that Abby has now started to try to play with Buddy by chewing on HIS legs! That is a no no. He is only 5 lbs of fluff and it hurts. I cant figure out why he doesnt squeal to let us know she is hurting him until its too late...sigh. And trust me, he can hurt her back. He latches onto her ears and bites with all his might.