Where do I go to get the help I need?

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by llamafarm, Jul 3, 2012.

  1. llamafarm

    llamafarm Member

    Just met with new case worker. Cps has filed to extend custody while get services in order for his return. Who can we turn to for help in preparing ourselves for his return. The family counselor we have is not one to help us feel successful at all. The counselor I go to is not familiar with this sort of situation at all.we need support and we need ideas. I am tired and really having a difficult time. Particularly today with the 4th tomorrow and difficult child being elsewhere. I don't feel like celebrating.
  2. buddy

    buddy New Member

    HUGS, Well, I'm glad he is not coming home too soon for you but still it would have been good to have things set up in the time frame they told you. Are you sure he is ready to come home, would you want a diagnostic residential placement where they could work with him and you all to set up more services?? Of course that would depend on a program being good in that way, they are not all helpful, but some are good.

    I am amazed that they are not helping you find more supports. In our county CPS is separate from the people who case manage people with disabilities. Do you have a disability unit for kids? Just a thought.
  3. llamafarm

    llamafarm Member

    Thanks for the note. I don't know if there is disability unit. I'll check on it on thurs. I am not expecting I'll get much help tomorrow.
  4. kiml

    kiml New Member

    sorry you are having a hard time, it is hard to celebrate like most people do when you always have something to deal with because of difficult child
  5. jal

    jal Member

    Do you have a Child & Family Agency local to you? We used them for in home therapeutic services. Also your Department of Children and Families should have a voluntary division to help with in home, wrap around services, respite and other services.