Whole new level

JKF

I haven't really looked at difficult child's Facebook much lately but tonight I had the strong urge to. Yes - I know- I'm a glutton for punishment sometimes. So right off the bat I see he's in a Facebook "war" with one of his loser friends. His post was long and rambling but I decided to read it anyway. At the very end he posted MY address and said that's where he is if anyone wants to find him!! What???!?! Holy s**t! I'm not friends with him on FB (but I can see his page bc it's public) so I texted him at the last number he called me from and told him to take it down immediately! No response. I don't even know if that's his number anymore bc we have been in very limited contact lately.

My husband is in bed. He's very cranky and sick and has to get up at 4 am so I really don't want to wake him but I'm kind of freaking out. I don't really think anyone will come here bc they are all homeless and at least 2 towns away but who knows. I just did a walkthrough of the house. Windows are locked. Doors are double locked. Alarm is on. We have motion activated lights by all doors. If anyone ever showed up the police could be here in less than 2 minutes. I think it will be ok but I'm so f'ing angry that he would do this! How dare he?? This is a whole new level for him and it shows the complete lack of regard he has for our safety.

I'm off work tomorrow so I think I'll sit up and keep watch for a while. I'm just so angry and disgusted and a little but sad that he would do this but I'm not surprised. Anything is possible with him and this is one more chapter in his book of dysfunction. Ugggghhhhhh!!!!!!

Lil

If it's public, you could respond to it. I don't know if that would be good or bad, but you could reply to the status and say, "The listed address is not correct."

Well, that would probably not help and he could delete it. You could report the post to FB. They can take it down.

JKF

I can't respond to his post bc he must have it set to get responses from "friends" only. I did, however, just report it to FB and hopefully they take it down soon! He also posted in another post something along the lines that he was sitting 'here' waiting for people to start smashing windows and that he has a sword. I am speechless. I seriously can't anymore with this kid. I love him to death and want him to be ok but this is beyond the limit this time. He has a 13 year old brother here who deserves a safe, drama free home. He's putting him directly in danger by pulling stunts like this and I won't allow it.

Anyway - enough of my ranting lol. Thanks for your response. Hopefully FB takes the post down ASAP!

GuideMe

Oh my god. I am so sorry JKF. No one will be stupid enough to come. Still scary, and beyond hurtful and thoughtless. TF is he thinking?

KTMom91

What a mess. Glad the house is secure. Can you report the post to the police and have them keep an eye out tonight?

JKF

I woke up before to ranting texts about how it's none of my business and to stay off his FB. I said it IS my business bc it's MY house and you are putting us in danger. I also said that we are very angry and it's a big problem whether he likes it or not. I sent the text and then blocked his number so I don't have to deal with his ranting texts back to me. I am NOT dealing with his crazy bs today.

2much2recover

He also posted in another post something along the lines that he was sitting 'here' waiting for people to start smashing windows and that he has a sword.
I would have printed out that post (do it if you still can) and taken it to the nearest police. It is threatening in nature - which I hope by the way you also reported to FB as that is probably enough to get his page closed down.

BusynMember

I'm so sorry about this mess. Maybe it's best to save the texts and take it to the police so they can keep an extra eye on your house...or at least know what is going on in case anything happens. When my oldest daughter got threats from an ex-boyfriend in Wisconsin after she moved to Illinois, she took the texts to the police and he got into trouble in Wisconsin and she never heard from him again...

Hugs. This is so hard.

JKF

I took a screenshot of the whole thing and saved it to my phone. I also reported it to Facebook and they said they investigated and didn't feel it was inappropriate or threatening. Ummm ok whatever FB! I am going to email the screenshot to a local officer who I've worked with in the past regarding difficult child. Like I said, I don't 'think' anything will come of it in terms of any of his friends coming here looking for him but I'm SO angry that he did that in the first place and even more angry that he thinks he did nothing wrong and had the nerve to tell me to mind my own business!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I'm sorry JKF. I think you're doing the correct thing in contacting the local officer.

Remember to breathe deeply............

Sending a big hug to you this morning........

SeekingStrength

Hey JFK,

I have wondered how you are and hoped to see you post soon, but sorry this is why.

Sometimes, i think our difficult child's just want to "stir the pot".....that they are hoping to get some kind of rise out of us.

The first time our difficult child was incarcerated, he gave out his sister's cell phone # to other inmates!!! Nobody ever called her. i was so livid.

I agree on having the police keep a watch on your house just to be on the safe side. Like you, I don't think anybody will really come around.

Stay close to the board, you hear? And absolutely do something nurturing for yourself today. That is an order.

Lil

I also reported it to Facebook and they said they investigated and didn't feel it was inappropriate or threatening.

Wow. So....if I find out the address of the person who made the decision to leave that post up...and put it on FB as MY address, telling people to come smash my windows...I guess he'd be cool with that?

Unbelievable. I'd keep trying.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Hi JFK,

Very scary what you are dealing with but you did all the right things by reporting it to FB and the police. I would also print off a hard copy of the screen shots. Good thing you blocked him from your phone, better not to engage him.

There is never any rhyme or reason as to why our difficult child's feel the need to drag us back into their drama and chaos. So sorry this happened.

Wishing you a calm spirit and peaceful day.

dstc_99

You know what I would be looking into what actions you can take against difficult child. Seriously sending out your address to the public and telling them he is there and waiting on them to come do harm. I don't know what could be done but making you feel unsafe in your own home is not cool!

Albatross

How scary and sad, JKF. I agree that there is likely not going to be anyone show up at your house, but I think it is wise to give the police a heads up just for your peace of mind.