With or Without Tickets...Graduations On

DDD

This is the last of the eight we have raised. This is the one who about broke my emotional back and did **** the last energy out of me that I could muster. This is the one who has GFGmom controlling him in his last year of high school so she can "bask" in the glory. Good Grief!

His cap and gown pictures came in the mail (at last). Geez, our little difficult child looks like an almost grownup kid. :D GFGmom didn't order a yearbook, she didn't pay for the cap and gown (thank GOD I still have connections at the school and managed to pay a late fee & have them in my closet). I'm having a family celebration ("cooked by MY Mama") dinner here next Friday and easy child and her husband are driving from Atlanta to mark the occasion. They offered to host a formal deinner at the Sheridan and difficult child said "No, thanks. My Mama is the best cook in town."

Any problems??????? Oh........one "minor" one. He (Mr. Aspergers) hasn't "gone to see the lady about getting tickets yet". :( MINOR detail! LOL! I have made a decision today that is monumental. IF difficult child doesn't have tickets...so sad, too bad. I'll sleep in on the 30th and picture it in my brain. I will detach. Really, I will. DDD

What a cute little brat he is. I have him signed up for the local community college and he "mentioned" to me yesterday "Guess what I've applied to the University in Seattle!" :whiteflag: I will not give up. I will not give up. LOL

Nancy

DDD you've been so kind to me about my difficult child. I have so much respect and admiration for you and how you have dealt with difficult child all through the years.

Congratulations on his graduation.

Nancy

DDD

Thanks, Nancy. Many of us have been dealt a difficult hand....we do our best and I know you have, too. DDD

M

ML

Way To Go DDD. What a proud moment. I hope you have a fantastic celebration. Great job difficult child!

DDD

Thanks for the well wishes. I sent secret emails to two teachers at the school asking for "one more helpful effort" to assure he understands how to get the tickets and therefore be freed of the excess anxiety. They are both aware and appreciative of my efforts for the past seven years so I am hopeful. It will be wonderful to have an actual happy celebration. DDD

M

ML

You're a great mom. I make an effort to be VERY nice to manster's teachers every year. I'm talking home made chicken soup when they're sick to nice gifts for holidays and so far we've been lucky. He just finished 4th grade yesterday woo hooo. The bad news is there are just 2 or 3 too few kids to get a 3rd 5th grade teacher so won't get as much individual attention next year. There will be 34 or 35 kids in each class. Some day I pray that we'll be celebration HS graduation and that college will remain an option.

Wiped Out

Staff member
DDD-Congrats to difficult child! I'm sure you'll get tickets!

ML-wow 35 kids is a lot in one class!

svengandhi

Congratulations on his graduation.

In our school, graduation is usually done outside with no tickets required. The school sends TWO tickets home by mail in case of bad weather because then it's held indoors. My only girl is graduating June 26 and I am praying for good weather so her 4 brothers, grandma, aunt and the friends of the family who are like the blood uncles she doesn't have, can all come. Otherwise, it will be just me and her dad.

Honestly, although this goes against all independence, if I were you, I'd get the tickets on the sly just so you don't get shut out.

DDD

Thanks, all. by the way the Graduation ceremony is held at the football field on Saturday morning.........and you still need tickets, lol. I told husband that I really am not going to stress over the ceremony. Worse comes to worse I won't have to slather myself with sunscreen to sweat for a few hours in the Florida sunshine. After almost fifty years of parenting I am improving at the detachment and "rollin' with the blows". ;) "Bout time! DDD

N

Nomad

I would do my best to be there. Make some calls...you should be there.
However, I REALLY like your attitude. Detachment baby. It is sooo sweet.
"It is what it is." husband lives by it...has got the sign and everything.
Congratulations to you and your kiddo!
:D

recovering doormat

Lapsed CDer
Triple D, I want to channel your detached cool. I do hope you are able to attend, though, because you need to have the "highs" to balance out the "lows" in raising a difficult child.

congratulations to you for being such a great mom.

DDD

One of my emails was noted early this morning. difficult child owed $69 for a missing book. difficult child now is cleared for graduation. Yes, I know he should have been the one to pay but I'd pay $69 for a night out...so, I paid it to sweat in the sun next Saturday morning. I now have his cap, gown, shoes etc. at my house. He gets his medallion and tickets today and I WILL have those today too. ;) You can count on it. I also now have the schedule for practice, a free breakfast for graduates, parking lot info
etc. Things are looking up! DDD

PS: husband or I will pick him up at GFGmoms and deliver him on time Saturday.

DDD

Dancey! Dancey! Twirl! Spin! Hop! ;):redface::D

I have got the info. I will have the tickets in MY hands this afternoon. We will be there....and on the side of the ball field that faces West! LOL

GFGmom, her boyfriend, my Ex and his 5th wife will sit on the side facing East!:angel3:
DDD

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
It sounds like you are gathering up the plans to make this happen! LOL
You do deserve this. Even if it is taking some more effort on your part.
It will be worth it though, better than showing up and having it all fall apart.
Sometimes with our kids they just need the extra step, or mile!
You had a huge part in this and you should be very proud.

I smiled reading your post...

lovemysons

Congratulations to your difficult child and YOU, DDD.

How awesome a day Sat will be. I'm so happy for ya!!!
Love,
Tammy