Worst cold

Abbey

Spork Queen
I think I'm coughing up cute little poodles right now. There is some serious crud coming out. Head cold, chest...I think I have a symphony coming out of my ears and my eyes are going South for the winter. I should look just lovely going into work today.

"How are you today?" (Insert major coughing...) Not a problem. Let's go find your obscure bottle of wine. Just step over the broken glass and liquid from the customer who was on her cell phone and knocked it down with her purse. (4 times yesterday) Cough, cough. It's my pleasure. Blah.

Only 10 hours today as a moron coworker got fired yesterday for not taking the ID OUT of it's holder and simply read it through the wallet. Great time to pick up even more hours.

Enough of my pity party. Off to work.

Abbey

klmno

That sounds like it's more than a cold- if it's in your chest or discolored, I'd suggest a visit to the dr....sorry your so sick but I hope it's not more than a cold.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Would be thinking about a "free samples" day in the wine department.......hmmmmmmm....guess with that idea you may be standing in the unemployment line with coworker........hope the cold symptoms subside with a healthy dose of decongestant........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey, bundle up well for work. A good decongestant sounds in order. And if that mucus becomes discolored, get thee to a doctor asap. At home, get plenty of rest and have some chicken noodle soup.

Hope you get over it quickly.

((hugs))

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Sneak some sips of brandy....
I have your other half in my bed right now... hacking up little green furry kittens...
He sounds like he is gonna die!
I made him sleep in the guest room, which was an invite for the girls to sleep with me! What the?

husband kept asking me why a warm Brandy wouldn't make him feel better?:wine::hammer::2cold:

Get ye sick behind home soon and try to get some rest... we don't need a Random Deb in some Random Hospital Bed... Bed-Deb.... tee-hee

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm with totoro. I can't take many of the OTC medications because of my high BiPolar (BP) so I swear by a shot (or two ;) ) of brandy and 2 Motrin.

Hugs,
Suz

F

flutterbee

Oh, that sounds miserable. And having to work all day on your feet, too. :sick:

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well, I survived. My pants didn't though. :sad-very: Some lady is reaching way over her head to get a bottle of booze in the back. I'm walking by...was going to help her and two came crashing down. WHY she thinks the booze in the back is better than the one two inches from her face is beyond me. So I had gin splashed all over my pants. I stepped into full view of the camera and pointed at the two bottles and my pants. No...I wasn't drinking at work but I smelled like a brewery all day.

This is how busy we were today. We have what is called a 'drop.' When your till hits $2000 and you get a warning. Someone has to come get the money before you put in another $300 or your locked out. (I suppose this is in case some fool tries to rob me.) Typically you might have one drop a day, somedays none. Today I had 3. More than $6000 went through just MY till and there are 15 others equally as busy. I'm standing 10 feet from doors that rarely close, it's 8 degrees out, and I'm breaking a sweat...and coughing my lungs out.

I'm sure the increased activity has a lot to do with the holidays and the impending snow.

So a shot (or 2) of Brandy sounds pretty darn nice right now. I'd probably never get off the couch.

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh my gosh... I'm thinking a massage and a hot-tub sounds nice to you right about now!
That is way too busy...

You get some rest!!!
husband is on the couch coughing... I still wont let him have any brandy though.