Wrist weights for SI kiddos...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Has anyone here used wrist weights for a kid with sensory issues or hand tremor?

I'm starting to wonder about physical solutions to difficult child 2's chorea instead of the medication mess we've been experimenting with lately.

I'm just not sure how much weight would be enough/too much?

Advice?

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
We've not used wrist weights.....we have used weighted blankets (with some success) & pressure vests (with a lot more success).

wm has (& will be starting again) the pressure vest to help him with self calming & some pretty severe sensory issues. The boy has a total body/mind disconnect, if you will.

I've ordered a lot of items from http://www.therapyshoppe.com/ for both kt & wm.

Good luck with whatever you try for difficult child.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Linda, THANK YOU for the link! That site does have some weighted products for handwriting, so I think I'm going to order something and try it for difficult child. Maybe it will help his fine motor control. He has responded well to deep pressure therapy in the past (even has his own weighted blanket that he LOVES), so fingers crossed!

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Linda,

Thanks for that site! J has sensory issues and I have been pricing weighted blankets and the spinning board elsewhere. These are much better prices!!!

Hugs,
Vickie

Christy

Thanks Linda for posting that website.
I checked out the site as well, they have some really neat stuff. I bet my son would love a body sock.