Xmas card apologies

H

HaoZi

Those cards I mailed on the 8th? Didn't. The ones I sent out that day to our Canadian and NZ folks were still in the outgoing mailbox downstairs, I found them this morning when I went to mail my Dad's card, shoved to the back and ignored for a week.

I put in a complaint with the post office and got them mailed properly this morning (gee... that took all of five minutes including the wait in line, so why such a problem with outgoing mail at home?).

:rollingpin:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm glad you complained. That's absolutely RIDICULOUS.

But why apologize, dear? T'wasnt YOUR fault!

H

HaoZi

I didn't want anyone to feel like I forgot them, and I should have checked. Did you get yours?

Malika

But why apologize, dear? T'wasnt YOUR fault!

Because HaoZi is actually English!! A social anthropologist who wrote a book about the English did a field study in which she deliberately bumped into people in the street; a huge percentage of them apologised... It's only polite :)

DammitJanet

LOL...Dont feel bad. I just today got mine to the post office! I am horrible with time management. I cant believe this month has gone by this fast!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Malika is correct......but I don't apologize. lol. I also don't overly say THANK YOU. It's interesting once you're aware of it. Someone bumps into you and you automatically say "Oh excuse me, I'm sorry." NOPE....not any more....."Someone bumps into me now that I'm aware of it and doesn't say "Excuse me?" I have a whole slew of whitty remarks.

My favorite is when I'm trying to get through a door and a man won't hold it open for a lady - and just walks right on through - ahead of her. I usually say "Well by all means - God knows you're the weaker sex and I should be holding the door open for you. You lazy turd." Most men just apologize, a few will laugh and some just keep on going. Raised by wolves no doubt to need a woman to hold a door open for them.

H

HaoZi

Wolves are better, the males may fight but ultimately the female gets to choose which she wants as a mate. ;)