Yaaaay! He offered to help!

TerryJ2

On the way into the house today, difficult child not only carried in his backpack from the car with-o argument, but he also offered to carry in a heavy aluminum ladder I've used for my murals, which I left out in the driveway. I have the worst cold in the world, so maybe he actually felt sorry for me. I don't know and I don't care. It's just that he did something nice with-o being asked!!!!!
I know this sounds silly to some of you, but he was such a jerk over the weekend it's wonderful to see he can come through sometimes.
:jumphappy:

Lulu

That does not sound silly at ALL to me!!! WOOHOO!!! We must enjoy these moments fully. :)

I did a similar happy-dance today when my boy walked out of his preschool classroom, down the hall, out the building, through the parking lot, and into the car like a TOTALLY NORMAL CHILD. He has NEVER done that! So maybe there is some good behavior dust in the air. :p

Fran

Former desparate mom
Something like offering to help without being asked is earth shaking in our house too.

Enjoy it.

crazymama30

That's not silly at all, that is huge. Things like that make all the trouble I (we) go through worth it. It makes all the IEP meetings, the therapist and psychiatrist appts, picking up the medications, and just plain old not killing them worth it. It is the light at the end of the tunnel. Treasure those great moments, and remember them in the not so great times.

TerryJ2

Thank you! I'm feeling better today so when I pick him up at school I'm going to be sure to remind him about the ladder and thank him.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Terry,

I am glad you got some help - and yes it is a shock when we are treated nice.

My best advice though - as much as you want to thank him - don't. I swear it's like the board curse.

Just letitgooooooo.

Everytime I thank Dude or compliment him for being nice (human) I get backlash.

Hugs

Soooooooo artista whacha painting now?