You Know What??

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
A person really shouldn't have to spend 15 - 20 mins deleting unwanted email. :mad:

Normally I do it everyday and it doesn't build up. But I haven't been in my email for a week. I had 500 odd emails in my main folder, and 1500 + in my "bulk" folder.

While it might be fun to think of myself as that popular...........

The truth is I'm not. Unless you're a spammer.:hairy:

I know that I get alot of identical spam. But I didn't realize how much of it was identical until I let it build up like that. Once or twice I thought the computer had froze, but no.......The spam was the same and the pages just looked alike. :stopglass:

Lordy. I won't be letting it build up like that again. :tongue:

Andy

I have my mail set up that unless I mark the source as SAFE - all incoming goes into the JUNK file. I scan through the JUNK file (sometimes I will get something that needs to be marked as safe) and then can delete ALL with the click of the mouse.

I can also report any that look suspisious and block the pesty ones that keep coming up.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
I enter a gazillion sweepstakes (it's a hobby) so my spam is expected, sadly, it comes with the sweeps obsession

witzend

Don't you guys have a fake e-mail for sweepstakes and bum e-mail? I have a yahoo account that I have used for 5 years now, and it's the one that I use when they ask for an e-mail when I sign up for something. I go in once a week or so and clean it up.

nvts

I know this would be time consuming, but rather than just deleting the e-mail, hit "report spam" or it's equivelent when you're cleaning up the mess.

Then, once a week or so, just flush the junk folder. After a few weeks, it should not only cut down on the spam, but will DEFINATELY kill the duplicate spam.

My condolences! I HATE that!

Beth

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Witz I do have an alternate email now. Have had for a while. And all I do with it is go in periodically and delete the mail. This is still from before I wised up and got myself another email. lol

nvts I do use the spam button, alot. Doesn't seem to help much. Oh, it does short term. Then wham, they start coming again. Today I just wanted them gone since there were so many so just deleted. lol