You know you're a warrior mom when...

trinityroyal

...your 3 1/2 year old scales the wall unit, gets an (inappropriate for his age) Xbox game from the high shelf, loads the game and collects some controllers on the downward climb, and starts to play, and your reaction is: Hey, he's doing a pretty good job flying that simulated helicopter.

*Anyone else?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You go to turn on the tv........it won't show a picture. So you call to your 2-3 yr old difficult child to come and fix it. Why? Because he's the one who did it.........and the only one who can put it back the way it was. This also applied to any other electrical device in the home. After the first time or two it was just wasted effort to get upset. I watched that boy like a hawk, still he managed to do whatever it was he did. I was just glad he could "fix" it again. lol

Your child gets off the school bus having a holy tantrum foul mood wanna kill the world attitude and you calmly hand her peanut butter crackers and a banana. This one is now being repeated to the next generation with Aubrey. lol

InsaneCdn

You hear a major argument between difficult child and (anybody else), and you look at the clock. Before 7PM? show up with food. After that? call it a day. (he's either hungry or tired)

School prefaces a phone call home with... "No, he isn't in trouble..." (i.e., need to schedule routine IEP meeting or something)

You know 10 out of the 12 hiding places difficult child has for laundry... and none of them is a laundry bucket.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
You are greeted at the door with a rant about where something went (when it wasn't put away properly) or how awful you are, and you reply in a monotone, "I'm sorry you can't find..." or "I'm sorry you feel that way", all the while planning dinner in your head.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Well, this is from the perspective of a mom to a 40 year old difficult child (having just slipped last week and asked, ......gulp) ............NEVER, EVER, EVER ask, "how are you?" .........................unless you are armed to the teeth......... have a few hours to kill while praying for a lobotomy........... are prepared for tales which make you instantly age 10 years right there on the spot and will guarantee you don't sleep again for the next 6 months without nightmares........... and hopefully you've taken some medication so your heart doesn't explode in your chest because what you are about to hear will curl your toes and place you in a Universe which rivals any Tarantino movie or Twilight Zone episode or the Inquirer front page. You know you are a warrior Mom when NOT KNOWING is the best possible scenario............

trinityroyal

RE, I've learned that one as well. "How are you?" will get an honest answer from a difficult child, usually filled with information NFME (not for mom's ears).

You reminded me of another one...

You know you're a warrior mom when you have perfected the art of the content-free conversation.

difficult child: "Hi Mom. Where's Dad?"
Me: "He's gone out."
difficult child: "Oh. Where did he go?"
Me: "Oh, he went out." Said with the vocal intonation as if I'm naming a specific place where husband has gone.
difficult child: "Oh, okay."
(This is to head off at the pass the inevitable Where did he go? when did he leave? When's he coming back? conversational gambits that ensue. difficult child is a MUCH more social aspie than I am, so I've learned that as long as the words have the veneer of conversation, content is irrelevant.)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Got another one...

When your easy child does something that would send a "normal" parent round the bend, and you sigh in relief...

BusynMember

You get to know the cops by their first names and ask about their families before hearing what your wayward teen has done this time.

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
You know the school number instantly when it pops up on your cellphone....and your first reaction is what this time. And typical teen stuff easy child does is nothing compared to what a difficult child teen tries to get away with. Everyone in your small town seems to know all the things your difficult child got in trouble for and some of the stories have lots of additional details that did not happen because I was at one if the major incidents and saw all the details for myself. Last one when asked "how is difficult child doing", my response is "trying their best" and end that conversation as quickly as possible because they would never understand the drama like the board aunties.

KTMom91

You not only recognize the school number, you recognize the teacher's voice on the phone.

You're so tired of talking to the teacher that runs ISS, you start coming up with weird stuff just to yank his chain. Did this when Miss KT got pulled in for having purple hair, which was against dress code. What a ridiculous conversation THAT was.

Dixies_fire

Anything your easy child does is okay cause you've been there done that with difficult child 500 times and it was worse each time then the 1 time easy child did it.

Tk broke all of my jewelry when she was boyo's age and them she waited till I took it to be repaired and did it again. I went through more make up the year tk was 3 then I EVER have in my life.

Boyo has played in my jewelry box once and he brought me my ex wedding set and asked me to marry him, nothing was broken or lost. And he's been in my make up bag ONCE.

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
You meet your child's caseworker at the door for her weekly session and immediately apologize for how your child smells because you couldn't get her into the shower after school that day (when she really really needed one the night before and refused. Again.). You're also immensely grateful that this is the only issue you've had with your child all week... so far.

Ktllc

When you calmly hug and sing a lullaby to your little-difficult child who is screaming and raging, your easy child keeps reading his book outloud without even looking up and your other difficult child is doing accrobatics on the giant bean bag that takes root in your livingroom.

trinityroyal

When your youngest boy greets a visitor to the house, he doesn't say "Hello." He says, "Do you have a car? Is that your car? Where are your car keys? May I see your car? May I go in your car?"

And when the other lads in the house start hearing talk of cars, they emerge from other rooms to chime in. This almost always ends up with a field trip outside to look at the car. Our UPS delivery guy is VERY patient.