Your Best Cookie Recipe

Kathy813

Staff member
donna,

I take part in an annual Christmas cookie party that is very competitive ~ even includes prizes. :grin:

I think your peanut butter cookie recipe just might be this year's prize winner!

:rofl:

I can't wait to make a test batch.

~Kathy

donna723

Kathy - They're really good made with chunky peanut butter too so there's little peanut pieces in the cookies.

They're not really "Christmasy" but they're becoming a tradition at my house.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Kathy if you need a taster for your test batch I could be ready at a moments notice......I'm afraid if I make them I would eat them ALLLLLLLLLL.........

AllStressedOut

BBK, I think my husband beat ya to that!

I ran to Albertson's tonight to grab some beer and wandered through the baking section. They had the None Such Mincemeat! Did you know there is beef in it? I thought mincemeat was all fruit now! I'm going to try out the recipe tomorrow!

donna723

I've never used mincemeat in anything before, but I never knew there was really MEAT in it either! Eeeewwwww!

I thought too that it was just chopped up fruit! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

AllStressedOut

Daisy, it the recipe Witzend posted the one you are talking about? I bought the mincemeat, but the recipe on the back was for bars and a pie, not cookies. I've printed Witzends recipe, but I'm waiting to be sure this is the one you were talking about before I start baking!

BBK, Ricotta cookies? I'm gonna try it because between the alfredo recipe and your pasta recipe and peanut butter cookies Donna listed, I know we have similar tastes! I'll have to keep that in mind and be sure to never introduce you to husband. LOL

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yes. The one she posted is the recipe. Remember too, they're even better the 2nd day and after. Although mine rarely make it to the 2nd day and never to a 3rd. :grin:

Glad you found it. And I swear you can't taste the beef, if it's there. All you taste is the fruit.

Gonna have a talk with dear ol' Mom about that beef part. All these years she's sworn it was all fruit.......

Hugs

AllStressedOut

husband read the ingredients, not me. husband likes to mess with me, so maybe he was and I didn't catch it. I'll go check it out!

Do you use shortening or do you use butter? I'm not a fan of shortening, but I heard it actually makes chewier cooks than butter. I tried this with chocolate chip cookies and it did make them chewier, but they had a very fatty taste to them. It made me sick to my stomach.

DammitJanet

Condensed Mincemeat
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1/6 Pkg.- 4 tsp. (43g)
Servings Per Container about 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 150 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.5g 1%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 230mg 10%
Total Carbohydrate 36g 12%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 31g
Protein 0g
Vitamin A 0% - Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 2% - Iron 2%
* Percent daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
INGREDIENTS: RAISINS, BROWN SUGAR, DRIED APPLES, DEXTROSE, WATER, SALT, BEEF, CORN STARCH, DRIED CITRUS PEEL, APPLE CONCENTRATE, SPICES, DISTILLED VINEGAR.

Classic Original Mincemeat with Apples and Raisins (27oz Jar)
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1/3 cup (98g)
Servings Per Container about 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 190 Calories From Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.5g 1%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 230mg 10%
Total Carbohydrate 45g 15%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 39g
Protein 0g
Calcium 4% - Iron 6%
INGREDIENTS: INGREDIENTS: WATER, CORN SYRUP, RAISINS, DRIED APPLES, MOLASSES, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, DISTILLED VINEGAR, DRIED CITRUS PEEL, SALT, SPICES, BEEF, BITTERS, PECTIN.

Brandy and Rum Mincemeat with Rum and Brandy (27oz Jar)
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1/3 cup (99g)
Servings Per Container about 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 200 Calories From Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1g 2%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 250mg 10%
Total Carbohydrate 47g 16%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 44g
Protein 0g
Calcium 2% - Iron 2%
INGREDIENTS: WATER, RAISINS, BROWN SUGAR, SUGAR, DRIED APPLES, BRANDY, DEXTROSE, CITRON, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, DISTILLED VINEGAR, SALT, BEEF, RUM, DRIED CITRUS PEEL, SPICES, MOLASSES.

AllStressedOut

Blech! It just sounds gross, doesn't it? I still haven't made the cookies yet, but I do plan on making them before the weekend is out. I'll let ya know what my taste panel (kids & husband) thinks of them!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
lmao Janet

Hmmmm. So it does have beef. Yep, me and good ol' Mom are gonna have a chat. Of course she'll probably claim she never read the ingredients. lol

I always use what the recipe calls for, I'm not creative enough as a baker to substitute ingredients. Now cooking, I can toss in a lil of this or a lil of that and have it come out wonderful. But not with baking. Last time I tried I got fudge out of homemade chocolate icing. Don't ask me how I did it, I've never figured it out. :rofl:

AllStressedOut

I've gotten icing out of fudge before, but not the other way around. I just can't ever be patient enough to let it cook long enough so it sets.

I trust you that these are good, so I'm going to make them, BEEF and all. I'll let ya know what everyone thinks.