26.5 funding

Discussion in 'Special Ed 101' started by Jungleland, May 14, 2009.

  1. Jungleland

    Jungleland Welcome to my jungle!

    Hi family,

    3 years ago we got difficult child qualified for 26.5 funding through her IEP. This is for kids who are at risk of needing or have had out of home placement to pay for their placement such as Residential Treatment Center (RTC), wrap around, etc.

    For the life of me I cannot find the thread that I thought were archived about this program and when I google it, nothing shows up.

    Anyone know the true name of this program? I know it was called AB something or other.

    Please someone jog my CRS memory for me!!

  2. dadside

    dadside New Member

    Is Medi-Cal, Healthy Families, Chapter 26.5 what you mean?
  3. Jungleland

    Jungleland Welcome to my jungle!

    YES! Thank you so much. I am desperatly trying to find out if since she is already qualified for 26.5 or (AB3632) can she get Medi-Cal. We do not qualify for straight Medi-Cal as we are the "working poor"! I was told that is she has 26.5 she automatically qualifies for Medi-Cal. If this is true, it would help us soooo much! Her medications alone are $700 a month and it is killing us.

    If anyone has any experience with the above PLEASE tell me what to do!!

    Thanks and hugs, Vickie