A little literary fun!

tiredmommy

Follow the directions carefully; see if others recognize the book!

*Grab a book
*turn to page 56
*find the 5th sentence
* post that sentence as a reply to this thread
*DON"T dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual- Use the CLOSEST book!

slsh

member since 1999
"Capitals emphasize and draw attention to the terms in which they are used."

(Loth - you can't guess on this one! ;) )

Wiped Out

Staff member
"Poor Mrs. Simmons was so distraught after a few days of this that she sent Mr. Canfield a telegram."

klmno

You may even try to draw all these serrations, may do so almost mechanically, until those edges look like saw blades.

Star*

call 911........call 911
A star setting in the western sky, at about the same altitude, cam also be used, but in this case the signiificance of any drift is reversed, a southward motion of the star indication too great an altitude of the axis.

(um.....did you really want that?) :tongue:

babybear

When it's all done, when the marks been blown off and Frankie's back in the car with the three grand, he and Roy whoop it up.

"So you'll come over when I'm home, though, right?"
Is this from eclipse?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
We always had something to exchange -- books, articles, tapes, boxes of chocolates he received from Switzerland -- for chocolates were expensive, especially ones from Switzerland.

slsh

member since 1999
Yes, Loth - The AAMT Book of Style for Medical Transcriptionists. It was either that or The Language of Medicine. I thought capitalization was more interesting than a study page on surgical procedures ("Inspection and repair of torn cartilage in the knee."). :rofl: I think I need to spruce up reading material on my desk!!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
"So you'll come over when I'm home, though, right?"

TM... That sounds like Eclipse as has been mentioned, and page 56 is about right in the storyline. After the party, after school, after work.

Bad part is I can quote that series without thinking!