A very good Thursday morning, friends....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
It's been a very long time since I've been on the GM thread yet alone started it.

So :good_morning:. I'm about to put on a pot of hmj & start a new painting :painter:before the construction crew comes in & kicks up copious amounts of dust. :wildone: With all that's going on I need a bit of therapeutic relief ~ the last 3 weeks have been a flurry of activity & chaos. I need my alone time for a bit this morning.

kt is doing well in Residential Treatment Center (RTC) - counting down the days til discharge though she doesn't have a final date of discharge yet (end of May).

Niece, K, is moved in & settling in well. She has a job interview this coming Saturday & could use a few good thoughts. In the meantime, she & I are going out this morning to find a bathroom medicine cabinet, vanity lights, & paint for the living/dining rooms.

I expect when all is said & done I'll sit down & have a good cry ~ then I'll take a long, very hot shower in my new bathroom. None of this would be done if husband hadn't died. Sorry - I'm on a bit of a mood swing this morning.

In the meantime, have a good day. Keep it calm.;)

Rabbit

Good Morning Friends! Hope everyone has a GREAT
day! difficult children 1 and 3 r still looking for summer jobs.
difficult child 2 will hopefully go to camp or a least 1/2
extended yr school services. And I will try to add something into my life for me. I am getting tired
of driving them everywhere and taking care of them but not me. Whether it be the pool or a gym, I am going to add some me time to my life this summer.
Sending Hugs and prayers for u all. Rabbit

Linda -Enjoy your quiet time this morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Good to see you this morning! Enjoy your peaceful time today before the chaos starts. Glad kt is doing well in the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and I'll keep my fingers crossed for your niece's interview. I can understand your need for a good cry with everything you are dealing with. Hugs.

Rabbit-Glad you are going to add in some all important "me" time!

Another long day ahead. After school today we have difficult child's IEP and then I'm making a new recipe, "crunchy cod". I am hoping it tastes good as it looks so easy to make!

After all of that husband and I are hoping to muster up enough energy to go to the health club especially since we didn't go yesterday.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:peaceful:

TL~we all need a little me time in the morning ;)
Rabbit~Hope the kiddos get those jobs and you get some me time
WO~Good Luck at the IEP and hope you make it to the health club

Today is my half a day from work sounds good right.....well that means that I run both difficult child's around all afternoon difficult child 1 goes to the ENT and therapist today...difficult child 2 goes to Occupational Therapist (OT), therapist and psychiatrist today
Hope to talk to both psychiatrist & therapist for difficult child 2 today see if I can get a clue about what is going on with him...
Then home to pack for camping this weekend.

Last edited:

trinityroyal

Good morning everyone!

Linda--glad to hear that you have a peaceful day ahead of you. It`s good that kt is doing well in Residential Treatment Center (RTC). Sending good thoughts that your niece finds a job soon.

Rabbit--enjoy your `me` time!

Sharon (WO)--sounds like you have your plate full. Crunchy cod sounds delicious.

This morning, I have a long-awaited appointment with my therapist. My big chance to unload all the fears and insecurities that have been chasing themselves around in my head lately. Babies, body image, am I really ready to do this again at 40, how is difficult child going to react, what if either or both of these little gaffers is a difficult child too. It will be a relief to talk things through.

Then off to the office for a marathon day planning for an all-day off-site meeting tomorrow. Whew!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Trinity

trinityroyal

Colleen, you snuck in while I was posting. Good morning!
Hope your hectic day doesn`t run you ragged.

Camping this weekend sounds great!

Trinity

Good Morning Trinity :)
We "colleen camp" in a cabin with all the conviances of home....lol Thursdays are always my busy days...but at least I got a chance to read while waiting on docs...lol

Trinity I hope that your appointment goes well!

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Timer - Your home is coming along nicely.

Rabbit - Me time will be so good!

Wiped out - Hope you make it to the health club.

Drama - Use waiting room time to breath and make your "camping lists". I always find that waiting room time to force myself to relax and enjoy a few moments - can't do anything else.

Trinity - Have a great therapist session.

I am mentally preparing myself for tonight and tomorrow. difficult child fortunately switched speech times with someone so doesn't have to do his until tomorrow. That is a great thing since we were not home long enough last night. He will make a batch of caramel rolls tonight and then pack up what he needs to make another batch tomorrow. At lunch time, he will add everything to the breadmachine and set it to run its 1.5 hours and melt the caramel sauce to prepare the pan. Then, later in the day (1:30/2:00), he will demonstrate how to roll out the dough, butter, sugar/cinnamon, roll back up, cut, and place in pan to rise. Making sure he has everything he needs and have the dough ready on time will be a big undertaking for him.

Yesterday's class bowling was so much fun. difficult child bowled a 184 which surprised me since it was only one game and he put himself under pressure to atleast break his average (the 115 average). He had a very hard day with his anxiety and I think this morning I am going to try the Xanax if he behaves like he has these last few mornings to see if that will help. He might be building up to a panic attack?

I hope to get 6 hours in today. I owe 2 hours from Tuesday and want to get those in ASAP.

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh.

Good Morning Everyone!

Linda, I've been thinking of you lately and wondering how it's all going! Talk about change, you have lots of change in your life right now. Changing your nest, having workers in and out, and having a new house-mate are biggies. Hang in there. I think you are doing a wonderful job! Be sure to get that peaceful, "alone" time in.

Rabbit, it sounds like you have some busy times as well. It's exciting that difficult child 1 and difficult child 3 are seeking summer jobs. I hope that will give you a little break...

Sharon, good luck with the IEP! The fish sounds lovely, save a piece for me :) I know you'll be glad when you've finished up at the health club.

Colleen - hope all the doctor appointments work out ok... I'm not a big fan of packing, but the camping sound like lots of fun. Enjoy!

Trinity, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. I'm glad you will be able to talk to your therapist. I hope that both the planning and the meeting go well. Maybe you can sneak a little fun in there :)

The weather has been absolutely perfect here, it's my favorite time of the year. Our garden is in glorious bloom with azaleas, roses, irises, peonys,and other bulbs. Lots of hostas and lillies are peeking their heads out of the ground. Our recent tree losses took out a number of our plants, but we have hired someone to help us start over. They'll be here tomorrow!

easy child had an accident with a new pocket knife he purchased, and he cut his hand enough to require stitches. I worry about him from afar, but he seems to be handling the situation well. I visited my Mom out of town for her 82 birthday over the weekend. We had a "girl's weekend". I think she had a good time!

difficult child will turn in his Senior Project today. I hope it passes muster. He worked on this one alone without any parental assistance or even prying parental eyes. It's been a challenge for us all, but I think it is good practice for college next year.

I'm working at home today, so I plan to spend some time with my laptop outside just enjoying the beautiful colors. Everyone have a nice peaceful day and enjoy the gifts of Spring!

Valerie

artana

Good morning all,
Just a quick hello today.:) The kids had a good day yesterday, so I'm crossing my fingers for today. difficult child's teacher told me he handled a fire drill beautifully and that she was really proud of how well he did.
Today, the youngest goes on a field trip to Planet Earth. I hope he likes it.