Another not so fond Mother's Day memory

Wiped Out

Staff member
Overall, I've enjoyed a very nice Mother's Day thanks to easy child/difficult child and husband. They both have been very pleasant and helpful. easy child/difficult child gave me a wonderful card and pitched in with husband for a wonderful gift.

difficult child, has had a few decent moments but just went off in a huge rant. He had wanted us to play a game that involved 4 people but we only had 3 so we played a different game with him. After that easy child/difficult child said she would play when she was done filling out job applications (she is tired of her job). However, by that time I no longer wanted to play (he'd had some major attitude throughout the day and playing games with him is not always fun because of how he gets).

The fact that he was no longer going to be playing games (although when we started the one game we told him that was it and then it was time to shower) sent him into extreme anger. He started by calling me all kinds of swear names and then kicking the chair I was sitting in. After that he said it would be better if I was dead, such a nice Mother's Day sentiment. It's been about 30 minutes of raging-calling names, stomping around, bothering husband, and me.

I don't know if I'm numb or my rhino skin is on full strength because I'm not that hurt. Does it bother me? Of course, and I wish he could learn to not get so angry that he says things that can be so hurtful (to whoever he is saying them to).

While I was writing this he was taking deep breaths trying to calm his anger (his idea) and easy child/difficult child suggested he go on a walk. He asked me if he could and I said yes. We'll see how he is when he returns.

tiredmommy

Double ugh. The good news is that I remember when your difficult child's rages would go on for the better part of the day and he would have never even considered trying any calming techniques. (((Hugs))) and Happy Mother's Day!!!

Bunny

Ugh! I'm sorry, but at least you were wearing your warrior mom armor. I'm not sure if that makes it better or not.

How was he when he came back from his walk? Was he calm afterwards? I hope so, for your sake.

busywend

Sorry this happened on Mother's Day, but I agree with TM....it is better than it used to be. Still bites though, I know.