Any Suggestions...

stepmom47

So, I was at my "2nd home" (my run-away place) as husband calls it the other night and it was, as always filled with-kids.
There is one perticuler difficult child (?) there that I have told repeatedly not to do what difficult child was doing.

(It can lead to complete chasos!!)

So once again I told difficult child to not do that and difficult child's parent was not happy. (Yes, parent was right there and made no comment to actions by child) Then made a comment that I scolded the difficult child.
And who was I to scold?

Told head honcho at my 2nd home and was told that it was ok to tell others not to mis-behave.

Most of the kids most of the time are left unattended by parents.

Everyone there says I should by scared of these parents?

What do you all think? :crazy:

KFld

I think I'm a little confused?? What is this 2nd home and what role do you play there?? Were your children there and was it something that would have effected them?

stepmom47

Horse boarding facility where I keep my horse.
Boarder
P/c takes lessons there but does not go with-me most of the time.

Running through the barn aisle screaming.

KFld

O.k. that makes a little more sense :smile:
I guess if you are going there to relax and this kid is running through the aisle screaming, then you have every right to ask him not too. Especially if it's going to cause chaos with the horses. If you aren't getting any response, then ask the person in charge to speak to the parent. Sounds to me like rules are being broken by him or her doing this.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm old fashioned. I see a kid misbehave and I correct them. I'm not mean about it in any way, and my response is usually automatic.

I would've told the parent that if they didn't want others to correct their child then they need to do it themselves. Actually, I've said that so many times over the years it's not funny.

I have a sis who would let her child run amuk in a public place because she was too embarrassed and afraid of reprocussions of diciplining them. Drove me batty if I ever went anywhere with her. So I always corrected them. She hated it. I told her too bad, then do it yourself next time. Eventually she stopped complaining. Of course it didn't take too long for her to see her kids were able to mind for me in the store instead of running around like wild animals as they did to her. Found out later that she'd started diciplining them in public. lol

I know my response probably won't be the popular one, what with everyone so afraid to step on toes these days.

But I'll tell ya, when I was a kid, you didn't dare misbehave around ANY adult. You knew there would be concequences. I know, different times I guess. But like I said, I'm old fashioned.

stepmom47

I did speak to management and they said they would speak to parents again. I was told it was "my barn too"
We just had a meeting about this and they are at it again,,sigh.

I yell at other people's kids in Walmart.

No, I am not afraid of the parents, but I have to think about the saftey of not only myself but of others in the barn.

Yes I do go there to relaxe, and I know that the kids are there but gee wize...

I can stay home and yell:)

I guess I was asking advice because husband says that I don't always have to be "that way"?

I always try to make it light, if not humorous.

"Uh-oh, you will scare the horses! Can't do that. (turn to your horse) Shhhh, Mr Ed. It's ok. (Turn back to child) Loud noises are very bad for the horses. Could you please go outside if you want to yell?"

stepmom47

You are a riot....BBK

I will try that if that happens again,
parents probably said:

"don't talk to that mean, crazy lady anymore" :surprise: :devil:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Get a burrow as a stable mate for your horse.

That way if the other parents want to yell at YOUR difficult child Jackass it will be even.

susiestar

Roll With It
I ama Mom. It is my calling in life. If I am somewhere and a child is behaving very badly or in a dangerous manner, I iwll tell them to stop.

A few years ago we were going to our car after the University Walkaround (Walk around and see all the fraternity and sorority house decorations for homecoming). Two young men were on bike cursing up a storm. They were college guys.

Out of my mouth comes "Language Gentlemen." In a fairly stern voice.

I got two automatic Sorry Mom, er Maam" comments. And they stopped yelling curses.

If I am going to be me, I have to have some patience with kid behaviors, but NOT misbehaviors.

And, having spent some time in stables, Yelling is dangerous.

Not sure why you are to be afraid of these parents? What will they do, drop their kids off at your home? Poison your horse? Ask why others are afraid of them.

If it is just them saying stuff to other humans, well, you are there to see the horses, not the humans!!!

Sorry you have to deal with people who don't know enough not to yell around horses. I bet they have troubles with their own horses.

Susie