Ask a straight question and get a ... wall of silence.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
I'm glad you know he's ok, that is as ok as he is.
I hope you have a better nights sleep tonight.
It's was good of you to offer to let him stay and store his stuff. I don't know that I would be able to make that offer.
Hugs to you and your cat.
girl-teenager-hugs-big-cat-and_small.jpg

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Oh Lucy, I'm sorry, I know exactly how you feel. Tomorrow may be one of those days you'll have to have a cup of tea in a cozy cafe and bring your book......some peaceful, quiet, Lucy time. Balance out the anarchist play you were just a part of.......our kids, God Bless them, all in their own production of some drama which they are the star of.........

Get some rest Lucy, curl up with your cat and your book and take care of yourself.....you know he's safe......rest now.....you've had a rough week.

Echolette

Hi Lucy,
I replied to this update on another thread...I know that the ranting is annoying, but I just want you, most patient of us all, to pause and remember that ANYONE would rant if they were told they had to move unexpectedly and in the very near future. I'm quite sure I would throw out some blaming accusations, even if it were totally my fault...his ranting hits home with you because you are so tired of it, because it scares you for his future happiness, because it is part of his crazy...but really, this time..it is a normal reaction to having this huge upheaval in his life!

It was really nice of you to offer to store his stuff. I feel like in this time, with the attitudes and wishes for him that I know you have, that the best stand is along the lines of "this must be really hard for you."

Sometimes we all just need to vent a bit.

hugs from across the pond,

Echo

Scent of Cedar *

I'm glad he's okay, Lucy.

And I'm glad you're okay.

It's hard for us when the real world impinges on the worlds our troubled kids self-create together and are managing in. It was things like being moved along by the police, or not being able to sleep long enough to rest, or having to walk for miles each day whether feet are blistered or rain is coming down, that broke difficult child daughter's spirit more than not having a roof over her head, while she was homeless.

Those were the kinds of things that reached in and changed her self concept.

I feel badly for the animals. They have no protection, at all.

Cedar

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Quote: (the quote thing isn't working on this computer)
Where did this picture come from ? It looks like me! Freaky.

@LucyJ ,
It was just a random picture I found. When you said "where's the cat and where's the cookie jar and where's my book?" it made me think of how much I love my cat and find comfort in "hugging" her so I just did a random google search.

Childofmine

one day at a time
I hear your anger, Lucy, and I don't blame you a bit.

Have a LOT of cookies today, take a very very long nap, read a great book (and then another if you finish it) and sit by the fire with all the cats you can find...then go out to a pub and have a draft (or five) and some fish and chips. I did that when I was in England---I love your pubs.

I'm glad you know he is alive and I'm glad he said love on his texts.

Let it go...let it go...let it go......(Doesn't that song Frozen say that or something? Maybe that should be our theme song...)

Warm hugs, Lucy! I hope the sun is shining there.

Lil

(Doesn't that song Frozen say that or something? Maybe that should be our theme song...)

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care what they're going to say
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway

It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free

Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You'll never see me cry
Here I stand and here I'll stay
Let the storm rage on...

Yeah...at least the middle part is pretty relevant. :)

Lil

Yes, it's Valentine's Day in the US too. Jabber and I are going to look at some hunting property in freezing cold weather. I told him his gift was me agreeing to go deeper into debt. Apparently, I don't get anything this year. LOL. He did make breakfast...but then he always makes breakfast. He's usually very good about Valentine's Day, so I'll give him a pass this year. :)

I think taking your brother with you is a great idea Lucy. Give him a "signal" so he can insist it's time to leave if you decide you need to go. ;)

Albatross

Lucy, I am so happy to hear that you were able to connect with your son briefly and were made to feel welcome in his life. I am sorry to laugh, but the story about Weasel and the "smell factor" was quite funny. You and your son have such a good rapport. Please let us know how it goes on Thursday and forward.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Good to hear that it went reasonably well Lucy, thank you for the update. Let us know how the court hearing goes. Hugs to you Lucy, I know it takes a bit out of us........

2much2recover

My son's philosophy (taken from Zola) is that 'money is a delusion, the only wealth is peace of mind'
Apparently only HIS peace of mine.
Glad you finally heard from him so you could re-gain your own peace of mine. It never ceases to amaze how the stuff a Difficult Child will spout doesn't get how that same stuff applies to others too. They seem to live within their own rules of life and how those "rules" effects on others never seems to connect in their minds.