Big Snow Coming...

BusynMember

My daughter near Chicago gets may have snow coming again. None here so far in Nowhere Wisconsin ...mild and very little snow here. This weekend its finally hitting the teens so....finally very cold. But we expect that here and deal.

Maybe go shopping a little with T Saturday. Sunday is big time football!!! My daughter Jumper works all weekend. Her hours are 6am to 6 pm.. We are going ro ask Hunter if he wants to watch with us.

Lil, no more big unusual snow for Missouri? Bart was saying it could happen again at least near St. Louis. He will never get used to how they dont clear and salt the roads and call off school every time it snows. He grew up in Chicago. I know you are in another area of Missouri though.

Go Chiefs! Thats my team this year whom I want to win the SB!

Last edited:

Elsi

We are expecting a few inches tomorrow. Not sure yet how bad it will be. We are all stocked up on groceries and firewood for a cozy weekend in. Will probably do some cleaning and decluttering, make some soup, maybe play some games, cuddle some cats, I’ll read while R watches the playoffs...

I actually love getting snowed in. It’s cozy here.

BusynMember

Does sound cozy.

In Wisconsin we rarely stay in for long due to snow. It really has to be high, like a foot or more and they clear the roads fast, at least the main roads.

Kind of like when the temps hit the 39s here many people where hoodies instead of coats. Or sweaters.

Last edited:

Elsi

We're a little off the beaten track and away from the city, so we don't get plowed. But once you reach the main roads heading into civilization it would be fine. We could get out if we really wanted to. I just like the excuse not to!

AppleCori

We had plans for tomorrow, but they were canceled because of the weather, so we are planning to stay home all day Saturday.

I’m not risking going out if I don’t absolutely have to. They work hard here to keep the roads plowed, but they definitely won’t be able to keep up tomorrow.

I just hope our mailbox doesn’t get taken out for the third year in a row.

I have one more errand today I have to go out for, in about an hour. After that, not leaving till at least Sunday morning.

Not sure what I will do tomorrow. Could do some cleaning, not sure yet.

Will be checking on the home organizing thread later.

ahhjeez

We're in for a ton of snow and then finish off the storm with ice. Unfortunately my husband has to be on-call during the storm and I know he's going to have to go out. :(

Nomad

Staff member
Long story...but does anyone know if many planes were grounded going out of Chicago?