Bipolar Classifications.

Jemma1028

I stay on an even keel most of the time. I resist when the p-coc adds in a new medication. Last time he added in Cymbalta I had a hard time. So we stopped that one. I felt really dulled and sleepy. Last month he added in Abilify but when I took it at night, I got horrible nightmares and had a difficult time sleeping. I might try the Abilify during the day. I do well on the Topomax and have been on that for about 3 years. I just hate to have the dull feeling. I guess if becoming "normal" means completely losing the hypomania states by medicating yourself, I will be a hard patient to treat. My mania is followed by a slight sinking (anger or depression) but it really is mild.

It really is a lifetime battle, isn't it?

BusynMember

Wow, Dreamer. I'd give anything for twenty years of hypomania! I would get it fleetingly then get the depression that would just take everything out of me. Hypomania is very pleasant, which is why the bipolar is often missed. Who goes to a doctor to report hypomania? The last thing you want is for it to go away! I still get a little hypo, but nothing like before.

LAURA

While none of these sound like my son at all.

Now I feel more confused :panic:

My difficult child doesn't have any of these signs of Bipolar.

Yes he does rage, and yes it is very ugly and he is violent.

I see it as extreme frustration to not getting his own way, or not being able to do what he wants when he wants it.

Sadly, he is very impatient

st_helen

my daughter is BiPolar (BP)-not otherwise specified.. due to the age of onset.. Now that she is in puberty we are seeing her bipolar change and become more defined...

They decided to give my difficult child the not otherwise specified diagnosis because they were not certain what she would be once puberty hits..
we are seeing loads of depression so I am thinking bp2 when she is all done baking.. lol

Thanks for these definitions...