Can I just say...

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sue,

Over the years on this board there have been some similarities in our boys' lives. I loved how we used to joke and say we were sending thank you and Dude to Janets to live with Cory. I figured by now that would have been a thought long gone and a new reality of all the normals would be present our childrens lives.

I've said forever that the hardest part about any of this was the NOT knowing. ALL parents worry about their childs future. Your sons future like many of us here - are in the same boat. Doesn't make it easier to deal with - but don't beat yourself up for taking the ME time that you do

BECAUSE -

If you didn't take THAT time? You wouldnt' be able to deal with ANY of thank you's future, logically, clear headed and sensibly - in a sense taking the time to LIVE your life peacefully IS giving thank you the best thing you can.

Hugs -
You're not alone.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I too despise mental illness. I grew up with a mom who was always depressed and in and out of the psychiatric hospital. due to her depression. Now I'm dealing with difficult child's mental illness and possibly easy child as well with her depression.

I'm tired of dealing with mental illness, it is literally wearing me out as it does many of us. This disease robs us of so much and I'm tired of it. I'm tired of therapy appointment after therapy appointment. I'm tired of psychiatrist visits. I'm tired of abusive behavior be it verbally or physical. I'm tired and I too despise mental illness.

F

flutterbee

Tammy, thank you for having the courage to share your very personal story. You probably don't realize how many people you have helped.

Steely

Tammy your story is inspiring. I am in awe. Your depth and insight into the illness gives me a whole new insight into the struggles my son faces each and every day.
Thank You.

And again - hugs Sue.

Add me to the list of haters.

How can a little girl who is so sweet be so cruel? It had worn me down to the point where I have completely gone emotionally bankrupt.

Struggling with lifelong self esteem issues was bad enough. Now let's add to it a kid that would test the patience of a saint. I have never felt so inept in my life. And the worse it gets, the more depressed I become, the more I hibernate, then I binge, put on more weight, and now not only is everything an emotional battle, but a physical struggle as well. I simply cannot keep up with this child anymore. I just can't do it.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Sue...

klmno

As much as I can relate to this, I swear I keep thinking that it is harder than it needs to be because adequate help isn't available or it takes 3 **** years to find it. Wouldn't people be jsut as miserable if they were in physical pain but couldn't find a dr who knew or tried to treat it? My gut feeling is that 100 years from now, assuming people keep advocating and researching and spreading the word, much of the pain in our difficult child's and our lives won't be so extreme and long-lasting in that generation's lives. Maybe I'm being too idealistic....

I guess I blame the lack of adequate treatment as much, if not more, than the illness itself.