Can you stand another easy child/difficult child happy post?

DDD

As you know he is in a "relationship" with a thirty something woman. He really seems to love her and I am trying very hard to back off a bit so he's free to make his own choices. Right? Right!

Two hours ago they came by the house which smelled of fresh baked Christmas cookies. They admired the tree which they bought and decorated for me at Thanksgiving. They noticed that the dining room table is set with china etc. for our Christmas brunch. After picking up presents to take to GFGmom's house I see them quietly talking. easy child/difficult child comes in the kitchen and says "Mama can we spend the night in my old room so we don't miss anything in the morning?" :bigsmile:I almost laughed outloud. He surely
knows that Santa isn't really coming. OMG! "Of course you can!" Then when they drove away I had to break out laughing. My grownup kid still wants to be with his Mama. husband got a huge grin when I shared the store with him. Guess we'll have another shared Merry Christmas. DDD

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Awww, DDD, I have a big smile on my face and a tear in my eye.............I guess none of us are ever too old for Christmas, what a sweet, sweet boy he is, I have such fond feelings for him in my heart, yours must just be bursting with love.............thanks for that story.............

Nancy

Another Christmas miracle! Enjoy having your boy back in his room, even if it's with the thirty-something girlfriend.

buddy

Ok, that was worth using up the rest of my mobile phone battery for! Hope tomorrow brings you so much joy. You've had quite a ride this year.....you are always so thoughtful, and well, I just adore you! Have the most special holiday ever 3D!

Mattsmom277

Now what a tribute to a wonderful life he has been given from you and your husband. That need to sleep in his old room and recreate Christmas past, and not miss a thing, means you've inspired that home feeling, where all is right in his world sleeping in his old room and waking to his mama on Christmas morning. This is awesome :) Please tell him that I'm missing my difficult child terribly this year as he is too far away to travel home often and he did make it home this summer for a week. So he can consider himself super lucky as I know my difficult child is lonesome and home sick. I hope that tomorrow is wonderful for you all :)

Kathy813

Staff member
We always love to hear happy posts about our difficult children on the SA forum. Enjoy this special time with your easy child/difficult child.

~Kathy