Cgfg is here with her new switchblade

320 million people in America. That's what I tell myself when I'm gobsmacked about what someone has done. You figure with that many people, there's going to be someone who can think or do any random thing there is to think or do.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
320 million people and I am stuck dealing closely with 2.5 families of complete and utter whack jobs....

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Amen rfts!

Gvcmom,, no doubt! I would think I was crazy, but I have lots of friends who aren't viewed as crazy...and my ex'es family is exceptional...and they all like me...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
She was going to use it to cut the strings off the hay when she feeds.
You know, cause she does that SOOO often, like, almost two times a year!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
You know....her mom is spending this weekend near the area where the knife was purchased. I'd bet good money they go buy her a new one, if for no other reason than to buck husband, since these aren't "his decisions to make".

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh, and even better...I told husband I'd bet they buy her a new one and he said 'either that or give her one of theirs'...I said 'what?'... Cgfg apparently told husband the whole family each got one...how lovely...a pleasant family outing buying the kids and mom and dad new switchblades and a picnic lunch...

Marguerite

Sool the cops and CPS onto them...

I find it a worry that first she says that her stepdad bought her the knife, then her mother tells husband that they used cGFG's money to pay for it. Are they in the habit of using her own money to buy gifts for her?

Very inconsistent stories...

Marg

H

HaoZi

(although I'd also bet the greenhouse at mommy's raised more than Tomatoes)

Since you specify tomatoes, I'd bet on it. They're used to hide the heat signature from the helicopters used to find fields.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Marg - and these Einsteins just don't know why she lies like she does... Our concern is that she stole the knife and maybe mom didn't know she had it. No, mom knew. I suspect an adult had to buy it for her, which is why the stories... But no, it's not out of line for them to spend her money either.
HaZoi, ya... Ex-brother in law said she was more than happy to partake in some when he was around, and I certainly don't wish to stereotype, but if you looked up stoner, you'd see his picture. They bought 2 60 ft greenhouses 4 or 5 years ago and Cgfg and her mom have only ever talked about tomatoes. And Cgfg talks about them planting it, but never has said a thing about picking anything or selling plants. (plus they only ever put one up greenhouse) The plan was to raise plants and produce and quit their jobs, but they go to auctions to buy produce to sell, and Cgfg is instructed to lie and say it's all homegrown... So... What's growing in the greenhouse???
And then there's the fall night I picked her up and she ran to the car with a flashlight and the house was pitch black. I said it was so dark I didn't think anyone was home (lights are rarely on but tv always is). She said oh yeah, mom and stepdad were home. They think someone is stalking the house, so they are pretending to be gone, watching outside, sitting there with guns, trying to catch this person...

DDD

been there done that....my Ex bought "his" grandson, little difficult child, one knife and then replaced it with a second after I got rid of it. That was when he was around ten. difficult child is twenty now and still loves and hides knives.
I feel your pain. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well..........between the switchblade and the crop in the greenhouse - don't you think the DEA would cut you a deal for custody? And rid you of your share of anxiety? I mean if they already think someone is skulking around - why not help them out.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I have no hard evidence. Hard to get custody on 'looks like, acts like, smells like a stoner'...

But I don't gamble and I don't play the lottery, but if I were to bet what goes on down there? I'd put $100 on it.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Anonymous tip lines are wonderful. You could even use a payphone in another town if you were worried. Or write a script and have someone else call FOR you. Or...

susiestar

Roll With It
I have a nasty feeling the switchblade was for protection. NOT protection of cgfg but of the product of the greenhouse that they are likely using difficult child to transport or sell or training her to do those things. My dad saw a LOT of this when he was teaching. Kids from ages ten to high school with pagers, knives, pouches to hide money sewn into their shoes, pants, jackets even bras. The pouches are not like pockets, that you reach from outside, but instead are designed to be reached from inside and are designed to conceal a substantial amt of drugs either in bulk or packaged for sale. They don't want the kids to give the drugs away so they make the pouches harder to open. Then they give them knives to cut anyone who tried to steal from them.

They do it because kids "only" go to juvie and don't do ten or fifteen years for possession or trafficking.

It sure sounds like they are NOT providing a safe home for her.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
OH.MY.G...

I know cgfg would cause some stress, but... I'd be terrified. For her, and of her, esp if those "tomato" plants are what you think they are.

Good gravy.

FWIW, a switchblade ain't gonna protect much in a drug deal gone bad... But, clearly... Where the hell are they BUYING these things?!

Sigh. Hugs for you, and Wee, and husband, and cgfg too - because she needs them, too.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I do believe that if I am right about 'the rest of the story', that it is not a big time operation. Personal consumption and maybe supply a few buddies. I also believe Cgfg is oblivious. She doesn't lie well, and she slips a lot when she tries. husband doesn't catch the conflicting details in her stories, but I do, and there's never been anything in her experience that leads me to believe she knows what's going on. If I'm correct about what is going on.For the most part, I think her stepdad is harmless.. Stupid, but harmless. He likes 'stuff', apparently seems to fall into the 'let's be like Shari' camp her mom is into, and always has a get rich quick scheme going. There's more **** at that place than there is here, and if we get something 'new' that they find out about, they rush out and get it, too (I've often thought this is vain thinking on my part, however...you just can't deny some of it, and she used to say she was jealous of me with re: to build and attitude; but in a group of 6 or 8 couples of friends...I bought the first camper inthe group; next camping trip, she has a camper; i got a new truck; 6weeks later, she buys a truck and admits she wanted diesel (which i had) but couldnt afford it; i put a horse sticker on my truck window; horse sticker on hers; got a trailer; she got a trailer; when i started riding my paint horse, she approached several local horse folks trying to trade her sorrell for a paint...more recently, they stopped to drop difficult child off and in less than 2 months, had beagles, chickens, and goats at their place (things I've had for several years) Cgf makes routine and random comments about their overall lack of friends and secluded life, so I don't believe they are a hopping drug joint. Her grandparents (her mothers parents) live right there, also, and I really don't think they would put up with something like that. I know it sounds awful to say I think my stepdaughter lives in a home like that and wish to do nothing about it...that's not the case at all. If I could, I'd take her. As much as I don't want her chaos. But her mother has done nothing proven, so visitation would be liberal, even if we had custody. And then mother would be angrier, and we'd be dealing with much more. As it is, Cgfg is seeing her mothers behavior for what it is. She has a step sister that her stepdads ex won't let come visit them (she let's the boys visit tho). Cgfg has recognized her mom does a lot of the same things step dads ex does. She sees the manipulation and guilting her into things. And I really think it's just a matter of time before we get a call from Cgfg at midnight to come get her, she's moving in. Her mom has already told her more than once, in response to Cgfg wanting to come over to go to shooting practice or ride her horse, if she wants to be here so bad, go and never come back. One of these days, likely Cgfg will do it. It's not a good situation, but there is no good solution to it, either.