cheer me up...

DazedandConfused

Okay, even though I have been a mess this week I did come home to something good.

Daughter washed and blow dried Goldie the Wonder Dog! She smells soooooo good!

Saved me some $$ too:)

Tomorrow it's Candi's turn.

Saved about a hundred bucks between the both of them.

muttmeister

Things are pretty good here.

Older difficult child is doing well and taking a class which he hopes will lead to advancement in his job.

Younger difficult child is working part time for a guy in town and may soon get the job as town maintenance person (keeping my fingers crossed).

Youngest grandchild is starting to giggle and coo and often laughs out loud.

Middle grandchild got accepted for PALS pre-school starting in June.

Oldest grandchild made me a book and told me the story of it: It was The ADVENTURES of Maurey the Monkey. He went up in has spaceship and the spaceship was hit by a METEOR so he had to go live on the moon with his friend, the ASTRONAUT. Pretty good vocabulary for somebody that didn't turn 4 until Christmas. She's also writing her first AND last name, knows most of her letters, and can count till she gets bored. She must have gotten her brains from her grandma. LOL

And on top of all of that, I've lost 7 pounds and it is supposed to be nearly 70 degrees here tomorrow and it is only a month till I can start working in my gardens.

mom_to_3

I'll share a funny that happened at our house last night. Our grandson is living with us and he's a little difficult child. He's had trouble staying in bed and getting to sleep at night, so last night our usual routine. Bedtime and he goes to tell Grandpa goodnight and Grandpa reminds him to get to sleep. Our grandson goes to bed and all is good. Grandpa goes into his room to check on him and finds that grandson is still awake, but trying to fake Grandpa out. He's laying in bed, still as can be, with his eye's squeezed shut. Grandpa leans down and says "boy, you better hope you are asleep" and our grandson quickly replies "I AM!" Grandpa had to leave the room! :)

KTMom91

Miss KT worked the election today, and had a great time! She worked in a different precinct, not with the cranky guy from the last time, and stayed calm and pleasant.

Hubby wasn't chosen for the jury in a relatively high profile case that's coming up. He was worried about being away from work for a month or more. So was I...I don't want them to think they can get along without him!

If I'd known how great I was going to feel after gallbladder surgery, I would have had it removed years ago! I have energy and I feel great. Spent the day in first grade, and had a good day...no tears, vomit, or bloodshed!

difficult child has finally completed his Senior Project paper on Self Advocacy for the Disabled. It's six weeks late , but I think it may pass with the judges. husband and I had despaired that he would never finish it, but his mentor was able to work magic! She also has pulled strings to get him a connection with a group that would like him to create a web site for the "project" portion of the project.
This woman is a miracle worker. Where has she been all of my life?

rejectedmom

first: My NY friend's son visited this weekend he was in the area on business. It was good to see him all grown into a nice man.

second: For the first time in a couple years it snowed while husband was home and I didn't have to do the shoveling!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!! I just wish it was a hundred inches instead of the six we got HEHEHE -RM