Cheering! My grandson and son WON!!

BusynMember

I can barely type. I am shaking.

Some know this story, some dont but Im just here with tears pf joy.

My son has issues, but he is a loving, giving father to my 9 year old Grandson and his ex keeps trying to find legal, court enforced ways to keep their son to herself, including defying court orders and moving far away to a new school district. Son filed a motion for residential custody changing to him so his shy son, who excels in school, does not have to go to a new school.

Ex turned this school issue into a brand new custody battle, accusing son of lies and saying grandson is suicidal. He isnt. She desperately wanted a GAL, since she thought the last one was on her side (even though last GAL kept 50/50 custody and was NOT on her side. She was neutral).

My son desperately wants this case over. To complicate, his old judge was voted out of office. This was the first time in front of this judge. He spunded gpod on paper, but you never know.

Sons lawyer is tops. He is a real winner.

Motion for a new guardian for son was denied. Now no chance grandson will be yanked from school or custody will change. Ex list. She was counting heavily on a guardian and a new custosy battle where she is sole legal parent over son. No doubt she will lose residential custody.

I feel like dancing and singing outside but I dont want to be arrested... lol. My son will be calmer now too. For me, this is a triple win.

I was just venting. Thanks for being here, Conduct Disorders. Sometimes I feel its a journal for me!!

Have a great day, all!

Last edited:

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I'm happy for you SWOT I know how tough this has been on your son and on you........
...........I think you should go outside and dance and sing!!!

Estherfromjerusalem

I'm so happy for you -- that's wonderful! And as for dancing: do the old-timers remember something about a special dance, I don't remember details but it was very very funny!

Love, Esther

wisernow

wisernow
wonderful news SWOT! somehow I think your wise sense was always in the background and you were spinning your magic to the universe! Congratulations and hugs!

susiestar

Roll With It
I think that old dance had something to do with chicken livers, lol!

I am very happy that it was more positive than negative. Sadly, 50/50 custody is becoming the norm here in the US. In our county it takes literally an act of Heaven above to get anything else. They have a bizarre division where the child is NEVER in one home more than 2 nights in a row. It is very difficult and the child never knows where they are going to sleep.

I am VERY glad that things turned out well for your son. At least more positively than negatively. Though to be honest, SWOT, I don't think anything other than the judge saying that your son had total control over his son would make your son happy.

Albatross

Great news, SWOT! This has been dragging on for awhile and certainly taking its toll on son, not to mention YOU. Very happy for all of you that it came out well.

BusynMember

Thanks to all. Its not as great as I thought at first but is very favorable to my son and grandson.

Ex is like a difficult child on steroids because she is really "off" without using drugs. My son has issues that I have spoken of, but he is normal compared to her. Thats saying a lot because Son has many issues, but he truly loves his son. Grandson is terrified of stepdad, the man ex ran off with with while still living married to Son. And ex scares grandson too.

I want grandson to be able to relax. He is only nine years old and very sensitive. He is nothing like tje meanish kid his father was. He is sweet but timid.

Lil

Okay...not sure I understood all of that, lol, but it sounds like the judge found no reason for a GAL, which would have appointed if he had any idea that this change of custody that's being requested would be injurious to the child . So the judge sees this as a much more simple matter. Very good. Very good indeed.

BusynMember

Well, Judge also exprezsed he was sick of the case and if there were any serious concerns he WOULD change custody to one of the other. Lawyer thinks son would get vustody bevaise he never tfies to take don away from mother and ex cleatly does. Lawyer has been in tje county for forty yeats and knowz tje judges. Exs lawyer is not strictly family law and is from St. Louis County which is not the countu whete the case is being heard.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
SWOT that is wonderful news!!! So happy to hear this.

Go ahead, do the happy dance!!

Happy_Dance-300x215.jpg