Christmas gift idea for colleague expecting 2nd child

Calamity Jane

husband's administrative assistant is expecting her 2nd child in June. He usually gives everyone a couple of bottles of wine/spirits, but prefers not to give that to her this year.
I was thinking of a nice restaurant gift card, so she and her H and young child can enjoy dinner out. I figure what pregnant, tired working mommy wouldn't want a day off from cooking, but if anyone has any good ideas, I'm all ears. Figure about $50-75.

Star*

call 911........call 911
What about a lawn maintenance person to come in June when the second baby is born so both parents can concentrate on both kids.....

DDD

No brilliant ideas but if you go with a restaurant gift card...make sure she has lots of leeway on redemption. She may need it or want it pdq or she may want to save it until after the new baby arrives. Personally I think that is the option that I would have appreciated most when I walked in her shoes.....particularly if there is a home delivery option from the restaurant. DDD

susiestar

Roll With It
I would do either a restaurant gift card that works at a group of related restaurants, but NOT restaurants.com because they say you can get a $25 gift card for $3-$5 but the list of restaurants is usually really small and the restrictions can be ridiculous. If he knows a favorite restaurant, that would be good. Otherwise, maybe one of those prepaid Visa cards? make sure he checks the sign up fee and other fees before he buys. he will likely have to read the fine print on the back of the card.

I would really like that if I were in her shoes. For me, the other option would be a gift card to a bookstore, but I don't know if this woman is a reader.

trinityroyal

A lot of spas offer pregnancy packages. Some even have a massage table with a centre part that pops out so you can lie flat on your stomach to have a massage.
I was given a spa gift with each pregnancy, and it was the Best. Thing. Ever.

A multi-restaurant gift card would also be a nice option, but I like the spa idea because it's something that's just for her, and with 2 young children she won't have a whole lot of time to do anything just for herself for a while.

Mattsmom277

I think the spa thing is a great idea too. If you have time to call a few places, there are places that specialize in pregnancy massage. Oh my, I'd have given an eye tooth for a gift like that during pregnancy. I like that is more personal also, and something just for her.

Calamity Jane

Wow...I never knew there was such a thing as pregnancy massage, but it does make sense. Yes, that's a great idea, because it's specifically for her. There's a massage franchise in this area called Massage Envy, and I can find out how close she lives to one of their locations.