Computer people - anybody else having trouble in this site?

muttmeister

As I'm typing this everything is working fine but when I go to respond to a post of somebody else, I can only type V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y - like one or two letters at a time and then pause. If I go faster, it's like the message doesn't get from the keyboard to the place I'm typing. Letters left out or else it just stops. I don't have this problem on any other site. Is it me or what?

runawaybunny

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried clearing your browser cache? Problems loading or posting to the site can often be caused by something cached in your browser cache.

Nancy

I clear my cache all the time as normal maintenance. I don;t store my passwords on any site except this one so it's not a problem. Just re-enter your password and it will be saved again.

Mutt I had that problem months ago. It was my computer. I can't tell you what I did to fix it but I tried many things. I googled the problem and tried many of the suggestions. I would also do a virus check as that be causing the problem too.

runawaybunny

Administrator
Staff member
Fair warning - this will make you have to enter your password into every site that remembers you. Don't do it if you don't want to do that.
Clearing your browser cache is not the same as clearing the cookies that store passwords... if you're unsure of how your browser works then you may accidentally clear your cookies too. That's most likely what happened when you lost your passwords.