Could one of you ladies help me?

I usually try to figure out these things on my own. But these 3 I just can't seem to grasp.

What do therapist, psychiatrist, and typical teen stand for? I know psychiatrist & therapist are doctors, but I'm bursting a blood vessel trying to decipher what kinds.

Thank you in advance.

mstang67chic

Going Green
LOL It is kind of hard to decipher some of these things isn't it? If you go to the FAQ page, that should help you figure a lot of this stuff out. I've been here awhile and there are still abbreviations that take me a while to get. (and some of them I don't because they are for diagnosis's)

Marguerite

It literally took me over a year to work out Residential Treatment Center (RTC) - we just don't have anything like that in Australia. And occasionally someone will throw in one I've never come across and I have to go digging...

Marg

On_Call

I've been on and off the board in varying degrees for 7 years and sometimes someone comes along with a new abbreviation that I have to write down and think about for a while. lol

Have you seen the cell phone commercial where the daughter talks in nothing but text message abbreviations? Mom asks her who she's been texting and she says "I don't know, my bff, Jill". I think our whole world is going so fast that we're abbreviating everything everywhere. It is becoming another foreign language to me.

The FAQ page lists them out, and I have to admit I've been back on there lately to check something out myself. You're not alone!! :wink: