Could use good thoughts

Wiped Out

Staff member
Last week I had a pelvic ultrasound because of a small (tiny, really) amount of discomfort I've had while urinating (only had the small pain about 4 times but I mentioned at my physical and the doctor said let's do an ultrasound just to be sure it is nothing.

Last Tuesday I had the ultrasound and since I didn't hear anything back right away I figured everything was o.k. My doctor called today to say that there is a concerning mass on my cervix and they want me to see a gyn. asap. They made me an appointment for Friday.

Hard to believe I am 50 and going for my first gyn appointment (since I went through the primary ovarian failure at 21 I never really needed to see one).

Anywhoooo, of course, I am nervous beyond belief. I keep telling myself it is probably nothing but I am worried so if you could send lots of positive juju my way or prayers I would greatly appreciate it.

Castle Queen

Warrior in training
Thinking of you, praying and sending positive health vibes! I'm glad the dr. didn't dismiss your concerns and did decide to do an ultrasound!

Tiapet

Old Hand
Wiped, I'm so glad you have a very good dr who took notice and acted quickly for you. That is important that they listen. Don't I know it! I will be thinking good thoughts for you. Hang in there. I know....very much know it's far easier to say then do but I'm here with you. Tia

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hi Ladies,
Thanks for the prayers and good juju! I won't know anything til Tuesday and even then they may need to do an additional procedure. The doctor did say it would be unusual that it would be cancer because of previous good pap smears. I'll update when I know more.