Darn phone not working!

klmno

I put my phone on the charger Sat. night and left it there until this morning. I guess I didn't pay attention to the fact that I had rec'd new phone messages- I don't always think to check the answering machine because I'm home most the time these days. Anyway there were two- one from a friend that had called on Sat- I apologize for missing that call. And another in response to a resume I'd sent out and he wanted to talk to me about possible future employment- I don't think he's ready to hire just yet but still, it's in my field. I have no idea how long it's been there but I sent him the resume 2 1/2 weeks ago.

BUT- my phone is dead and has the battery indicator showing that the battery is not charged. Not only can I NOT return his call, but I'm wondering if I'm missing calls because the phone battery is just not charging up so the phone isn't always ringing??? I sent him an email and put the phone back on the charger- I might have to just run out and get another phone.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm sure you've checked these things but....

Make sure the connection is being made. My phone is notorious for being on the charger but angled just enough off so that nothing is connecting.

You may need new batteries for it but depending on the type, it may be cheaper to get a new phone.

Use a qtip and some alcohol and clean off the connection points on the phone and the base. It may be that dirt or something has built up enough that it's affecting the connection.

Double check that all of the cords are plugged in on the base.

I need to do this myself but you may also want to get a cheap corded phone to have on hand. It's always a good thing to have when the power is out so you still have a usable phone.

DammitJanet

Stang said what I was going to say. If all else fails...go to Family Dollar and get one of their cheapies. Or Big Lots. I swear they have phones for 10 or 15 bucks.

klmno

It finally recharged some- I will clean off the contacts because I hadn't thought about that. I have one old cheapie plug-in phone but it breaks up a lot. Then, my modem was also blinking off and on. Anyway, I did some paperwork, wrote difficult child a letter, and then was able to call this guy back. He wants to meet me but says he isn't ready to hire anyone yet. He's hoping to have some work cut loose after the first of the year and might need to hire someone then. I'm going to meet him Wed. afternoon.