difficult child 2 survived first week of water polo camp

gcvmom

Here we go again!
He got up without complaining when I woke him each morning at 6:15am to get ready for water polo camp which goes from 7am to 10am. He has to get there by 6:50am, though.

Except for some rude comments to him on the first day by some boys he knew in elementary school (and of course, they are freshmen so I made sure to point out to him that none of the older boys hassled him so that just proves their immaturity and insecurity, lol), he's had a great week! He comes home completely exhausted and a little bit sore (they also spend some time in the weight room), but he said it feels like it's getting easier now to swim the warmup laps and do the conditioning exercises. He says he's still the last one to finish laps, but I told him that doesn't matter. The coach said there are no cuts and tryouts are solely to determine team placement. So as long as he is enjoying this I'm delighted he's found something to be a part of in high school!

He's got three more weeks of this 3-hour-per day camp, so I expect he'll be in really good shape by August! Coach told me that tryouts are during "hell week" towards the end of August... that's when they hold TWO practice sessions per day! :faint:

The first match is September 7th -- difficult child 1's birthday and the second day of school. Ironic because difficult child 1's last lacrosse game was on easy child's birthday this year. :winks:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I had NO idea there were thoroughbred horses that could swim. I bet stomping the divets are a hoot!

Congratulations!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh yes! Replacing the divots requires excellent breath control. I feel sorry for the pool guy -- this sport is really hard on the filter. :winks: