difficult child Comes Home This Afternoon

Bunny

He's been gone since very early Wednesday morning on a school trip with the honors science students. The trip had to come to an end and he will be home late this afternoon. I had planned on having easy child go to a friend's house after school today so that difficult child could have a little bit of quiet time when he got home, but easy child started running a fever last night, so he's not going anywhere. So much for the best laid plans.

i wish I could say that I got some rest while he was away, but I kept thinking about the things that we have to put into place once he gets back and how those changes are going to go over. I woke up with a migraine. Coincidence?

The kids are on spring break next week. easy child is supposed to spend the week at sports camp, which is great for him, but difficult child has absolutely no plans, which means he will be home with me, complaining about how bored he is. He originally kept telling me that I could not sign easy child up for a camp because he wanted easy child to be spend the vacation home entertaining him, and I told him that I would not do that because that wasn't fair to easy child. Why should easy child be made to stay home all week because difficult child has no interests and refuses to do anything? I do not like being left alone with difficult child and I have a whole week of it ahead of me. My in-laws have told me that I can call them at any time for anything, but I have to be honest when I say that I'm still a little nervous about it. Okay, I'm ALOT nervous about it.

husband says that my feeling this way is part of the problem, and maybe he's right, but it's how I feel. Sorry for the rambling post, but I needed to get that out somewhere. Maybe if I get it out I will feel better about him coming home. I am interested I hearing all about his trip and seeing if he took pictures on his camera and what they did. It's just all of the other stuff that I don't want to deal with.

SuZir

Could difficult child spend a night or two with in-laws? That would give something for him to do during spring break and if I remember correctly he had a good relationship with them. I don't mean calling them when difficult child has driven you nuts, but planning ahead and just giving him too something special to do for spring break. While he may be too anxious to do camps etc. visiting relatives wouldn't maybe be that hard for him and also he would have something special, not only easy child.

TerryJ2

I hear you!

husband has always told me to organize activities for difficult child during the summer. That turns into a list of fun things that he does not want to do, and then yells, "I'm bored!"

I would send difficult child to your inlaws just one night. Just one, despite your reservations. You need the break.

Good luck with-your migraine. I always ice behind my neck after I take Imitrex.

Bunny

That's funny that you mention sending him to the in-laws' house. I do actually have that planned! I called mother in law about two weeks ago and asked her if the kids could each have a sleepover with them during the break. Monday happens to be easy child's birthday and we always have the family over to celebrate the kids' birthdays, so my original plan was to have easy child go home with them Sunday night after his family party because the in-laws were planning I taking him to this airplane thing on Monday for his birthday. Then, on either Wednesday or Thursday it will be difficult child's turn to sleep at their house. Now we'll have to see now easy child is feeling.

StressedM0mma

Bunny, I had a nice long post written, and I somehow deleted it! Ugh. The shortened version is, you shouldn't have to discount your feelings. And, I totally understand. I woke up with a similar headache. While you are dreading spring break, I am actually looking forward to it. It gives me a week of not worrying about getting difficult child to school. I hope difficult child can find a way to entertain himself. And, maybe see if he could spend 2 different night with the inlaws. Hope your week goes by quickly. (and I hope mine goes by very slowly.) Hugs.

buddy

There have been times in past where my sisters offered to take q but getting him back meant hearing from everyone, esp the kids. It was never a break.

I dreaded it.

But I had to ask sometimes.

If you can even get easy child to go at least you will not have that dynamic at home!

Q is off next week too. We can cheer eachother on!

JKF

Awww Bunny - I get it. I really do. When difficult child lived at home I felt exactly the same way. I dreaded school breaks and summer vacation and even just regular everyday life. Mine was always "bored" no matter what and then he would go into rages and become downright scary. Ugggh!

We have spring break this week too but I'm looking forward to it bc my easy child/difficult child is the opposite of difficult child. With him it's the school issues that stress us out the most. At home he's perfectly fine and can keep himself occupied and busy for hours.

I hope all goes well next week and you get to send him to in laws for some peace and quiet for you. Hope your head feels better ASAP!

Bunny

He loved it! I think that all of the activities suited him. And he's been raving about the food! He seems happy because he had a good time there, and he seems genuinely happy to be home. Hopefully, it lasts a while.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm glad he had such a great time. I do so understand the dreading of spring break. I hope things go much better than you are expecting. When my difficult child was much more unstable breaks could be unbearable except for the fact that at least my husband was home too. Even now that he is more stable (as much as he can be) breaks are still difficult because he is so constantly needy. Our break is this next week and I am looking forward to it because even though I have my difficult child to contend with I am getting a break from two difficult children in my class!