difficult child does it again

Jena

hi

so i was actually excited about something, that was yup for me. well difficult child as per usual took care of squashing that one.

i was to meet some friends that i haven't seen in about 5 years that were suddenly in from florida, they called me last night and asked me to meet them out and ofcourse i couldn't friday routine with difficult child movies, pizza, her using my easy child. can't ever break the routine, oh no that is just not acceptable in my home.

so what do you think happens.......at exactly 8 a.m. this morning difficult child is in my room as if i was wide awake which i wasn't i was sound asleep......... asking me what time i was going, where i was giong, how many miles away it is, if she could come with me, etc.

so then it was can you drop me at grandma's and pick me up on the way home, etc.

so at the end of the day it's giong to be a struggle tonight to get out the door. i also haven't been able to sleep the past two nights as well with all the recent decisions and stuff going on.

ugh.

susiestar

Roll With It
Any way you can relax, let difficult child have her anxiety, use phrases like "I have already told you that" when she asks a question the 3rd or 5th or 50th time? Keep your plans, take a nap this afternoon, drop ehr off at grandmas or the babysitters or wherever and tehn plan on picking her up tomorrow?

I will hold out hope you can get away and have a blast with your friend!

Andy

Is she being dropped off somewhere? Can you take her about 2 hours early so you can have time to get ready? I know if you are bringing a sitter into your house doing so early will not help unless the sitter can take her for a walk or something that will keep her attention off of you.

I can feel your excitement. What fun to get together with friends you haven't seen for awhile.

Jena

hi

thanks for the ideas...yet this is who she is. hard to believe only 3 1/2 short years ago she actually let me take a trip to aruba with a friend. clearly her neediness is worse and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).

older on who is almost 16 will watch her. i did my movie night last night, i did my job, why oh why can't she just cut me some slack on occassion? she wears me down. i normally never go out when she's home. boyfriend and i have a very hard time twice a mos. getting out the door and we just go down the block to the local restaraunt most of the time.

i'm giong to store to buy them food they like, doing blockbuster run, etc. time to get ready? lol :) i'll be lucky if i get a shower. she's unreal already pulling the somatic complaints ie. stomach ache, headache i cna't breath, etc. she requires me by her side 24/7 and when i deviate from it i'm in severe trouble. i usually never go out the weekends she is home because ex has her every other weekend. i guess that's my fault. boy she is sooo soo rough. as long as i stay near her do exactly what the schedule says it's workable, still takes hours to get her out of house hence i'm still on web it's a hour wait to just get her sneakers on. they just ware us down, don't they? as long as our lives totally circle around them 24/7 its all good. yet wow if we try to take a break adn take care of ourselves it's almost not worth the stress anxiety it takes to even make it happen. sorry i'm just upset. that i cna't live any assemblance of anormal life with this kid at times.

Jena

ok i did the laundry, bought the food, took difficult child to the park.......folded the laundry, put away the food, set up difficult child with block buster movies and all............

and i'm exhausted place is about an hour away i will be drinking red bull on the way gave difficult child a speech and a half and i am going!!! even if it kills me i'm soo outta here :)