difficult child is 15 today. Had a very nice get-together at home

TerryJ2

He invited one friend, and they played a football video game (I let difficult child do it because it's his birthday. Don't know what to do about tomorrow ...) Cousin P and caregiver S were here, and difficult child's bio grandmother, and two of our friends. Bio mom R and half bro didn't come. Grandmother said R wasn't feeling well. She isn't feeling well a lot. Mostly, on difficult child's birthday. Sigh. But ... difficult child got so many gift cards! Woo-wow! He got easy child to take him to the mall. She drove in from college in the middle of the get-together (a bit small to be a real party) and entertained us with-stories of nutty professors. Then they took off. difficult child is one happy camper.
husband and I decided to let him spend that birthday money as he wishes, and not take it to pay for the Verizon bill and Visa bill. We want to keep his birthday separate.
Normally, we go out for sushi or Mexican and have more of his friends, but we wanted to keep it low key because he dug us so deep into the hole with-his charges.
It made us happier, but the funny thing is, I don't think he cared one way or another.

He was VERY good about thanking people and looking them straight in the eye. He let everyone hug him, and he even smiled for photographs. Woo-hoo!

buddy

Happy birthday to difficult child! I think you made a nice decision about the birthday money. I'd have been very tempted to take at least part, lol.

Luckily the charges I got charged from home shopping channel were all reversible except for the shiny sequin green sweater, I am still wondering if I should give it to nana, she might like it??? I wont make it a gift. I will donate it to good will if she doesn't want it. haha.

Very cool easy child took him shopping. I hope he has a nice rest of the day.

Steely

:hapBday:
Tell him Happy BD from his Aunties!

I am so glad that the day was smooth and low key. Our difficult children need that more than over the top parties.

TerryJ2

Thank you all!

The party's oooovverrrrr ... he's getting snappy.

He wants to get online games because he bought himself an xbox. He was able to buy one game for it. Played is 5x and he's bored now. Friend is spending the night. difficult child wants to plug my router into it, because there is apparently no wireless card. Can't find the wireless code (something about 4 sets of 3 #s). He's getting impatient and mean.
No way am I unplugging my router and giving it to him.
Sigh.

buddy

can he get a wireless card eventually if he wants? Or are those set up as they are when you buy them, either the have it or they dont??? Just curious.

How does he do if people sing to him etc... Q will want it so bad but still gets overwhelmed (used to just ask not to have anyone sing and help with candles because he is afraid of the fire). One time when my sister was 42 he asked if he could just go to another room becasue that was WAY too many candles, my sister died laughing. (we didn't have 42 candles he just thought we would).... I have been to several aspie birthdays where they hated the whole singing/ cake stuff. sounds like he did beautifully! So great.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Terry,

Considering the other stories you've posted about difficult child in the past and his abilities to deal with crowds and making eye contact even with family? THIS.IS.PHENOMINAL!!!! I am so happy for him. He has come a long way. So have you! And with all....er most of your sanity. hehe.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY difficult child even if it's belated - AUntie Star still loves you to pieces!