difficult child's weekend plans have just come to a grinding halt

Nancy

difficult child was job shadowing at our local vet today to see if she wanted to go into vet tech training after high school. She was there for 20 minutes when she fainted after helping to take blood from a cat, hit her face on the counter and needed over 20 stitches in her lip and the inside of her mouth. We asked for a plastic surgeon since it was on her face and had to wait 2 hours, but he said it's a good thing we asked for him because she cut through the muscle in her lip and the gum holding one of her front teeth was hanging by a thread. She can't eat except for liquids and she has black eyes and her nose is held together by steri strips.

She is suppose to start a new job at Limited Too on Friday and be a Greeter when customers come in. I don't think that is going to work.

On top of that easy child came home from college and has been vomiting all day from what we think is food poisoning from a dinner she and her friends went to. My husband hurt his back taking his heavy oversized briefcase out of his trunk, and I am just getting over bronchitis. The antibiotics the dr gave me has caused all my muscles to hurt, even the bottom of my feet.

The good thing about this is that as husband said, difficult child will not be able to go out roaming with her friends this weekend and will be stuck at home.

Nancy

klmno

GEEZ!! What a day you have had... this sounds horrible for all of you. I'm sorry seems so lame for all of this. I hope each of you can find a way to find some bright side- which at this point might only be that things aren't worse. ((HUGS))

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
What a painful post to read, Nancy. I hope all of you are feeling better soon!

Suz

Lothlorien

Jeez....even my teeth hurt from reading this. I'm making that horrible cringing face, too. Poor kid. Sounds like you guys should just have macaroni and cheese for thanksgiving (blended for difficult child) and rent a movie.

meowbunny

Um, happy Thanksgiving? Sounds like it won't be a great one but certainly to make you realize all the things you have to bo grateful for. I'd suggest you all rest and have pizza delivered tomorrow. Sounds safer.

Jena

Wow, that is insane! I am so sorry for all of you! I hope all of you feel better and she heals fast!

(((hugs))))

Abbey

Spork Queen
Wow, Nancy...what a series of events!! I'll have to tell you that my daughter fell flat on her face off of a jungle gym when she was about seven. Her bottom teeth nearly severed her bottom lip. Good plastic surgeon, but you MUST follow through with the after treatment. She now has a barely visuable scar underneath her lower lip.

As far as being a greeter, I think you'd find that people are quite sympathetic and understanding.

I hope all goes well for everyone involved.

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh NO!!! Poor kiddo! Your family sounds like you all could use a nice restful break this weekend :) Hope tomorrow is quiet and relaxing and you can recuperate a bit.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Goodness! Poor difficult child-ouch, and the rest of the family too-I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Ropefree

Banned
Oh no! I had a job in a doctors office where from time to time I would see something to that effect. It is just unbelievable that she was so injured!
And then everyone else fell apart, too.
Just put everybody to bed and nobody move. What ever has befallen you will be better after everybody just slows down and test all your parts befor you try again.

susiestar

Roll With It
OUCH! For ALL of you! I hope you all feel better very soon. I guess she isn't so sure about the Vet thing now, huh? Any other career ideas? Or too soon to ask?

I think people would be very sympathetic if she was a greeter. At least she would get points for "stick-to-itiveness".

hugs to all!

trinityroyal

OUCH indeed!
Hope that everyone heals well and quickly, and that you're all taking things very very easy today.

Whoever suggested mac and cheese (blended for difficult child) was spot-on.

Feel better soon.
Trinity

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I say movies cuddling on the couch maybe some spiked egg-nog for you!!! And smoothies for difficult child, poor thing!
Take today and try and relax, all of you!

I would tell difficult child to try the vet again, you never know, she might be able to handle it next time?
I also think the greeter thing could add to the sympathy and the respect! Maybe if she is not in too much pain, the whole life goes on thing?

I hope you all are feeling better soon... husband is fighting a horrible deep cough today! I think he got it from N, who is still fighting it. BLECH
I say warm Brandy... for everyone!!!

KTMom91

Sprinkling a whole bag of healing dust in your direction! Hope everyone feels better soon, and difficult child's face heals quickly.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nancy,

I think your week has the makings of a motion picture. Good grief gal -

Hope this next week is a little better. Somehwere in my library Ihave a cookbook for patients with jaws wired shut. Blender foods - if you want it PM me I'll send it to you.

Waving and making hug gestures from a distance - lol
Hope all is better soon
Star

Fran

Former desparate mom
Nancy, I was curious how the weekend with difficult child went since she was one of the walking wounded this past holiday.
Inquiring minds want to know. : )