Discharge date for ktbug....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kt will be discharged the 15th of this month. That's 2 weeks away, folks. We have 2 family sessions before discharge & mental health CM is frantically working on a Plan B if this totally falls apart.

The earlier discharge date is to open the CADI waiver of services; she has to be home before a total of 6 months passes. That would be the 20th. Hard to believe that kt has been out of the house since July 20th of last year.

It's countdown time - there are staffing choices to make & get trained to be here when kt gets home. I believe we have the PCA (who will become Integrated Listening Systems (ILS)) who's worked with kt for almost 18 months back. It's time for a new PCA search.

I'm not panicked, in fact, I'm more numb than anything. We've done this so many times with one tweedle or another that it no longer means anything to me. Just another step in the journey.

Another step in the journey......

pepperidge

Good luck getting everything in place.

Just curious, what's the plan for dealing with her sneaking out at night again?

I hope you don't need one, but Plan B sounds like a good idea!

Wishing you strength.
P.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Just keep on keepin' on, Linda. You can practically do this in your sleep by now, unfortunately. I hope the Plan B is solid and you get all the ducks lined up so everything goes smoothly, one way or another.

klmno

I'm not familiar with CADI services but I am keeping fingers crossed for you about getting help. This really seems like an injustice to kt as well as you- especially after that last visit where she did those dangerous things (at least in my book they were dangerous to herself).

You know the system these days though- if it wasn't bad enough before, they are doing even less now because no one has any money.

I hope your time alone doing things you enjoy and getting your house the way you want it has helped rejuvenate you. It sounds like you are going to have to deal with another issue soon, unfortunately.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thanks ladies, I am hanging tough. Always have, always will.

Plan B is a MITH home or a group home. Whichever comes thru first in case of a ktbug induced crisis. The entire team is in agreement.

Star*

call 911........call 911
You've done a marvelous job for your daughter Linda. No one could ask any more of any Mom, anywhere. I'm very proud of you. It will be what it will be. That's why you're not up or down. It's just there. Good job Warrior Mom. TCB.

HUGS
Star

JJJ

I'm always amazed at what you do for your kids! I hope kt holds it together and doesn't need plan B.