Dream Vacation....What's Yours?

AppleCori

OK, one stipulation--it has to be some place you have never been to.

Mine is Iceland.

Fire and Ice.

What's yours?

ksm

Alaska...

Sweden...or just about any Scandinavian country. We have been to Denmark and Holland and they were lovely.

KSM

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Greece. All the pictures I've seen are so pretty.
Italy. Ditto on pics.

KSM my company is a owned by the Swedish. I have not been to Sweden though and not sure I would ever be able to go....the execs don't love it though but maybe because they are working LOL

AppleCori

My son just got back from Denmark, and the pics were amazing! Such a beautiful place.

I may put Finland down, as my X used to go to Finland quite often for work, and he really liked it.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Give Greece a few years before you go. The islands have been ravaged by wild fires. Also, remember that they are dealing with the Middle East diaspora. That's their primary focus right now, not tourists.

Me? Iceland. Pony trekking of course. I've ridden Icelandic horses, but in Germany. I've never been near an active volcano. (Never even been to Yellowstone).

Lil

I'd say a month in Italy...but I've been to Italy. Still, I've only been to Rome and down to Amalfi and Jabber and I want to take a trip where we start in Milan, go across to the Alps and then down the western coast to Sicily, basically, tour the whole country.

We really liked Italy. :)

susiestar

Roll With It
England and Ireland.

I think the closest to a dream vacation so far was a weekend in Dallas with my hubby early in our relationship. A big storm hit and we got snowed in. Our hotel was right near 2 used bookstores and some great restaurants. We hit the bookstores and then holed up and read except for going out to eat for the rest of the weekend. It was the weekend I was pretty sure we could make it as a couple. Until then, the guys I dated all seemed to end up jealous of my books, not as in love with them as I was. Any dream vacation MUST include bookstores, new and used. It just MUST.

KTMom91

Christmas in Australia. Celebrating Christmas during the summer really appeals to me.

England/Ireland/Scotland to see everything I possibly can.

Amsterdam to see the Anne Frank house.

Prince Edward Island to see the Anne of Green Gables house.

Iceland to see the Northern Lights.

DeSmet, SD to see the Laura Ingalls Wilder stuff, and while we're in SD, see Mt. Rushmore.

St. Augustine, FL. We were there briefly (VERY briefly) when Son #2 graduated from college. We climbed the lighthouse and went into town, and then...Hurricane Alberto rained on my parade. We saw nothing of the town and I am still (after about 10 years) seriously bummed about that. It was touch-and-go whether our plane would leave the next day due to the weather.

RN0441

Greece is waaaaaaay off if ever; retirement if we plan well! LOL

We are spending Thanksgiving and Christmas in Florida this year to be close to our Difficult Child. Not sure he will be coming to visit us since hopefully he will (still) be working but we can visit him for a day or so.

This year is gonna be weird!

Lil

Greece is waaaaaaay off if ever; retirement if we plan well! LOL

We are spending Thanksgiving and Christmas in Florida this year to be close to our Difficult Child. Not sure he will be coming to visit us since hopefully he will (still) be working but we can visit him for a day or so.

This year is gonna be weird!

I hear you on that. Last year ours said he wouldn't be home for the holidays and so we went to Vegas. Of course he was back. Maybe we'll head to Colorado this Christmas...fingers crossed.

BusynMember

My dream, to RV all over the US is coming true. If i traveled abroad, I'd like to see Korea with hub, Sonic, Jumper and Princess. She was born there. Germany too as hub lived there for three years and liked it a lot. He spent a few years in Iceland and thought it was boring...course he was young in the Air Force and thought it was boring...lol.

Buty real passion is RV travels with my family, right here in the U. S. The state I am most looking forward to parking in a forest in is Wyoming.

RN0441

My friend at work's son moved to Colorado a few years ago - yes due to the weed being legal. He knew some guys there so had a place to stay and got a job at a hotel cleaning rooms. She and husband just got back from a visit and had one of the best vacations ever she said! We are going to lunch next week to catch up.

Lil

Buty real passion is RV travels with my family, right here in the U. S. The state I am most looking forward to parking in a forest in is Wyoming.

Wyoming is beautiful up near Yellowstone. The Grand Teton's are amazing mountains.

You've made the RV bug bite Jabber and me. Every little bit we look into the cost of an RV. We've considered buying one and parking it on the hunting property instead of a cabin.

jetsam

i have been to germany, yugoslavia, Italy, netherlands, Israel. all were great. but to be truthful i haven't been west of Illinois. I want to see the west!

pasajes4

Road trip with my grandson (before he is too old to not want to hang with his nana) up the Ventura highway. Our destinations Oregon, Washington, Alaska and a piece of Canada. It would be 3 months with the best travel companion I could hope for. He never gets bored and just plain fun to be around.

susiestar

Roll With It
If you ever come to Oklahoma, let me know! Any part of OK, not just my town. Esp you SWOT, in your RV travels. I would LOVE to meet you and would happily show you around!

Nomad

Staff member
RN...omg... Was just talking about this with some folks. Two people we know with sons with drug problems helped their sons move to Colorado. It finally dawned on me as to why! Duh!?!?!! Lolol

I have been to Italy before but would love to visit other areas.

I would love to go to Japan and Ireland.