*Everywoman*

everywoman

Thanks Suz---I'm here. Just lurking really. Not much to say about difficult child. He is unemployed. He is still with his girlfriend---who seems to have some difficult child issues herself---but is a likeable girl---and at least he seems happy. He is still a difficult child---but he is maturing a little every day. There is hope.

Jana is busy taking 12 hours at school (Accounting degree) and working full time at the insurance office. Her co-worker is out of town this week and she has been running the office alone all week.

PCson and daughter in law seem to be doing okay. The kids are wonderful. I haven't seen them since Christmas, but I get pictures and phone calls once a week. JJ is getting so big. His conversations on the phone are hilarious. I was talking to him Saturday and his dad told him it was time to give the phone back, and he said, "Big Momma, can I tell you one more thing? I really like dinosaurs." Miss Violet is fat and happy---and I mean really fat---27 pounds at 8 months.

I have been extremely busy. I am coaching basketball again and with two games a week and practices on the other days, I don't have a lot of time.

What time I do have is spent doing homebound for a teen mom, trying to keep my house clean, and trying to keep up with 60 students' work. Whew---someone shoot me now.

Thankfully, only two more weeks of basketball. Then I will have a few spare minutes---but I also will start working on my NBCT renewal which is due the end of March/April???? I guess I need to look at my paperwork. Of course as soon as I sent my fee for renewal our legislature has announced it is looking to end the stipend I recieve---which means a $10,000 a year paycut---add that to the 5 furlough days I am mandated to take next year and I may be coaching two or three sports and doing 3 or 4 homebound students each week just to make up the difference.

Dear Lord, I had no idea I had so much to say---so if you got to the end of this---Thanks...and I'll end my new signature mantra---Life is GRAND!!!

flutterby

Fly away!
I'm exhausted just reading all that you do. Kuddos to you!

I'm glad to hear that difficult child is maturing. Always a good thing. And I'm glad to hear that the easy child's are doing so well.

M

ML

I hear you on the furloughs because we had to take 8 of them this last fiscal year. I think it's great you're so active and I'm glad to hear such a (mostly) positive update from you.

Last edited:

DammitJanet

I was also wondering where you were hiding. Glad it is mostly positive on the family front. Grrr on the school issues. State needs to get get over their case of cranialrectal disease.

rejectedmom

Great to hear from you EW and also glad everything is going OK. I hate that overspending has teachers on furlows and scrambling for odd jobs to make up the difference in income. Grrrrrrrr don't get me started........... -RM

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm so glad you came out of lurk-mode to update us. Overall, a good update. I know what you mean, though...in this economy, even if I find myself complaining about work I AM GRATEFUL TO HAVE A JOB.

Big hugs,
Suz