Favorite types of coffee

Pink Elephant

Lol. I didn't know the percolaters still existed. I do remember them.

I mostly brew my own coffee. My little city has no Starbucks. Can you believe that??? None of the surrounding towns have one. I would have to drive 25 miles for a Starbucks,no kidding. But I buy it.

I have a Mr. Coffee. I am not a Keurig type one cup coffee fan. I like more than one cup already hot and ready. Plus I think it's expensive.
Now that's a good question, SOT. Maybe the old percolators like I have, don't exist anymore, but I still have mine! :D

Pink Elephant

I remember my grandmother calling hers a percolator. I vaguely remember it.
Oh, they pop and tick a most wonderful beat leading up to the coffee being made! Loved watching the coffee bubble up into the glass-topper as a kid... still love watching the coffee bubble up into the glass-topper as an adult! LOL!

AppleCori

Oh, they pop and tick a most wonderful beat leading up to the coffee being made! Loved watching the coffee bubble up into the glass-topper as a kid... still love watching the coffee bubble up into the glass-topper as an adult! LOL!

I remember trying some coffe when I was very young. I hated it.

When was your first drink of coffee?

Pink Elephant

I remember trying some coffe when I was very young. I hated it.

When was your first drink of coffee?
I never enjoyed coffee as a kid either. Hmm... I'm thinking I started liking coffee in my mid teens, when us girls would get-together at our favourite haunt to have coffee, smoke our cigarettes, and gossip and talk.

To this day I cherish my morning coffee!

How about yourself, Apple? When did you start liking coffee?

AppleCori

I never enjoyed coffee as a kid either. Hmm... I'm thinking I started liking coffee in my mid teens, when us girls would get-together at our favourite haunt to have coffee, smoke our cigarettes, and gossip and talk.

To this day I cherish my morning coffee!

How about yourself, Apple? When did you start liking coffee?

Never. I don’t drink it, to this day.

I have my milk with breakfast, and I sometimes put a tablespoon of that Iced Coffee vanilla flavored drink in it.

If I drank coffee, I would probably want sugar in it, and that would just add calories....

BusynMember

I use Splenda I rarely consume sugar. Coffee for me must be sweet but not with sugar. And I need half and half or skim or almond milk. Prefer Almond.

Jabberwockey

Who decided picking mushrooms out of cow pies would be a good way to get high?

Honey, I deal with idiot stoners every day. Why would someone want to use a drug (K-2) that has people humping the concrete floor and talking about how tight it is? Or has sent dozens to the hospital, several of which have died on the way? Or leaves them drooling idiots? All of these things have happened here along with MANY more yet these idiots still line up for that crap. Picking mushrooms out of cow crap probably wasn't desperation to get high but from hunger with a happy???? side effect.

Lil

Picking mushrooms out of cow crap probably wasn't desperation to get high but from hunger with a happy???? side effect.

Pretty sure I'll never be that hungry. :p

Back on the subject of coffee - when I met Jabber he drank his more like cocoa. Literally, sugar, creamer, instant cocoa, and a little bit of coffee. lol I drank mine black, with sweetener. 19 years later, we both drink it exactly the same, sweetener and creamer, usually a spoon each of French vanilla and plain.

BusynMember

Jabber, my daughter works in Corrections now. She told me every single inmate is a drug addict. One tried to kill himself with a razor last week. It's a smaller jail but I can't believe they give razors to inmates. The man slit his neck and Jumper found him and had to talk him down and stem the bleeding until her co worker got help. He almost died. After he returned, he apologized to her. This is a small county and he owns a bar and they knew each other. He used her name and thanked her for saving his life. She said she wasn't ready yet to talk about it and moved on.

This is a brutal job, isn't it? Not for the faint of heart. Drugs are constantly being found. In jail. I knew jail had drugs but not how many inmates we're able to sneak them in. And you know where they keep those drugs....ugh.

They stopped allowing inmates to have razors.

Ok, rant over. Back to the thread. Sorry for the diverting post but Jabbers post triggered me.

Pink Elephant

Does anyone grind their own coffee beans?

I notice no flavour difference between freshly ground (at home) and standard store-bought ground coffee.

BusynMember

My body has no trouble with any artificial sweetner. I never use sugar...it makes me fat and isnt good for me and i dont have even pre diabetes and I dont want it. If I couldnt take Splenda, Id just drink coffee without the coffee being sweet. I am determined to keep sugar out of my body ;)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
The only artificial sweetener I have issues with is stevia. I get a fine red, itchy rash from it.

I've learnt to tolerate aspartame, especially as high fructose corn syrup has a distinctive and unpleasant taste to me. Occasionally, when I want to cash in the sugar chips for a few days, I'll have a Mexican soft drink such as Pepsi or Fanta Orange made with real sugar.

What I really like are German soft drinks which tend to be on the very tart side. I was thrilled to see Mirinda Orange here.

I bought 4 bottles at an outrageous price, only to taste the first bottle with great anticipation and discover that it was syrupy sweet...obviously made for the American market.

Lil

I've drank artificial sweetners for so long I can't even remember. I started drinking diet soda at 15, when we became just certain sugar would rot our teeth. I'm one of those people who would order a banana split and a diet coke, because I like the taste better. Real sugary soda is just tooooo sweet. In coffee, I'll drink anything. I actually probably prefer raw sugar. Jabber actually prefers the pink stuff, because it's sweeter than sugar.

BusynMember

Im the type who would ask if they would put Splenda in my banana split lol. But I eat frozen no fat no sugar yogurt not ice cream anyway :)

Love my at free plain Greek yogurt!! And my coffee!

I am actually starting to give up even diet soda for fresh water in bottles. I never dreamed I could do that!

Jabberwockey

Jabber actually prefers the pink stuff, because it's sweeter than sugar.

Which I REALLY need to break myself of. Real sugar may have more calories but realistically, its better for you. The reason I prefer Splenda is that it takes three to four sugar packets to even get close to it being that sweet. Not good for me.

BusynMember

Sugar is very bad for you. There is no proof thst Splenda is bad for you. Sugar causes obesity, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, about ad many bad things as smoking does. So no sugar for me. Our body doesnt need it. Or MY body doesnt need it lol.

By my age most folks I know are pre diabetic or have it, not a good thing as diabetes causes many other issues too. My blood sugar is completely normal. I plan to keep it that way. My grandma had it bad by my age but back then people didnt really know about healrhy eating. Like smoking, I truly dont get why so many people really eat a lot of sugar. I know it tastes good, but to me ... You get used to not consuming it. You really do.