Intermittant fasting part three

BusynMember

The weight loss slowed down but did not stop completely.

My body has adjusted to one meal a day of around 1000 calories, which is safe for me and my short stature. I eat what I want without worrying about carbs or protein or good fats. I so far have not had any sweets except the diet treats that are very good and 90 calories each. I learned by looking that one breakfast muffin, which I wanted to eat one day with my meal is 640 calories! I refuse to waste all those calories on one not healthy at all food item.

I.am pretty active and move 10,000 steps a day but not doing heavy workouts that arent really good for you when.you get older. Sometimes I kick it up and go to the gym.

I feel good, but I have been blessed so far with really good health for my age....no diabetes or high blood pressure or chronic illnesses. Of course....tomorrow is unknown.

I have even gotten used to coffee without cream because anything with calories breaks the fast. So I use flavored zero calorie syrups in the morning. And tea with Stevia. The coffee with cream goes with my one meal and during a two hour window betweem 11-1 when I am allowed to eat. I do count the creamer calories. I loosrly estimate all calories and so far this is enough.

Anyhow I like my body again and am not going to worry about losing much more. I dont want to get skinny...I am mindful that eating disorders often run in DNA and know of three DNAers who over diet and over exercise and obsess over body image. Yes, you can develop an eating disorder at ANY age. Done a lot of research on this illness and dont want it.

Have a good day.

Last edited:

Nomad

Staff member
Nice that you found something that works well for you and you like your body again.

Can you recommend a zero calorie or very low calorie yummy coffee creamer ? (Or perhaps syrups? That taste good in coffee?)

BusynMember

I use Totinos no calorie french vanilla syrup. I have not found a no calorie creamer. In a fasting diet, any calories break the fast so I wait until 11 to make a delightful cup of coffee and deal with lesser than before and after the fast.

I would like to say I love this diet. I am not hungry in between time and I feel great all day/night. And I have as much energy as I ever had. Once I hit my goal, I think I will give myself four hours to eat but keep fasting aside from that. Or I may keep this up if my health is still good.

Tired out

Do you want the weight watchers 1 point muffin recipe? these are i point/muffin

1 cup Kodiak Power cakes mix
1 scoop Quest protein powder (Vanilla)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1 egg white
2 smashed bananas
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
spray muffing pan with fat free cooking spray
fill muffin tins 2/3 full and then put your choice of frozen fruit on top and bake- at 350 15-20 minutes.

A variation I LOVE... substitute chocolate kodiak power cakes mix and use frozen raspberries :)
The Kodiak cakes mix is (usually) where the grocery store has the pancake mixes
Quest is usually in the weight/workout section

Tired out

Approximately 70 calories depending on how much fruit you put on top. I usually top with 4-5 blueberries or raspberries. they thing is these are so heavy on the protein they stay with you a long time.

Copabanana

In a fasting diet, any calories break the fast so I wait until 11
I have read in multiple places that under 50 calories does not break the fast. I let myself have a splash of low fat milk in my coffee and tea with stevia. But there are differences of opinion about whether the metabolism reacts to no calorie sweeteners. Some people can't have them.

SWOT, since you started the IF and Keto, and did so well I have not lost one pound.

BusynMember

I am not doing KETO!

But I also dont put any calories into my body until I break the fast. I read both....not to do so and that 50 calories is okay but 50 calories.... i still gain. I am very particular on a diet. This is part of being stubborn. But I really enjoy this diet, it works and I love my one big meal of 1000 calories.

You have to experiment and see what works for you. I also make sure to exercise every day, although I dont go nuts and run ten miles! That to me is putting one on the verge of an eating disorder and I say no thanks to that!

Copabanana

Good morning swot.

I can't NOT have milk and sweetener in my coffee and tea. And I have a very hard time eating once a day. I can however do two meals in an eating window of 6 hours, fasting 18 hours, if I allow myself milk and Stevia in coffee and tea.

I have learned that this is my outer limit.

My latest plan is to try WW with my version of IF with moderately low carb. But I have not yet gotten on board. I am on a huge plateau and cannot drop below 149.

Nomad

Staff member
As someone who has done WW a lot and loves it because I really like the accountability , support and ideas you sometimes get...my advice is say little to nothing re the other things you are incorporating to lose weight at meetings. Some friends upon it. It’s silky, I know. One time I lost ten pounds and I mentioned that I gave up sugar and the leader frowned. Hmm. No biggie. WW prides itself on allowing just about anything...in moderation...you weighing the cost. But , in my humble opinion, the cost of sugar tends to be a huge price. I don’t let such things bother me. When I was a leader wins ago, I consistently noticed at the scales women who :
1. Reduced or gave up bread and pasta (flour)
2. Gave up sugar
Lost weight at a faster pace
It wasn’t so much low carb, but more those two items.
I use to quietly encourage it.
This was especially noticeable in women over forty.
The other “carbs,” didn’t seem to be as much of a big deal as long as they didn’t overeat...such as potato or corn...and of course stayed on the plan.
I find personally when I do this, I do well.
I’m off plan now and will go back JAN 1 (like many!!!) ugh.

Waking

It's been really good! After I got adjusted. Weight loss did slow down, about 12 lb but I ended up going from one meal a day to a shorter window. Now I'm trying to get back to one meal a day. I really like the freedom it offers and I actually feel much better when I am focusing on healthy eating during that window and not just whatever I want. I'll have to read your previous thread. See how it's doing for you. I got into it by following gin Stephens. Also Dr Fung. I am not diabetic are extremely overweight or anyting just looking for healthy weight loss and to feel good.

BusynMember

I lost about 12 lbs. and its slowing down too. I decided to stop Keto. I dont like eliminating foods. I dont know what to think of Dr. Fung. I have listened to and read almost everything I can get my hands on regarding this and they all have differing opinions on how to do it. For now I am doing it without eliminating anything but suar/sweets. So far, so good :)

Waking

Yeah I don't totally eliminate things, I just try to eat healthier but some days you just want ice cream. I'm okay with that I just make sure it's in my window. And I try not to have too much. But I do find that the more that I eat it the more that I crave it. But it is one of those things that I don't tell people. Once you mention you eat one time a day, you are immediately weird or starving yourself. I can deal without those opinions.

BusynMember

Waking, yay, I just tell my family. If I have to eat, say, Christmas dinner ay 5 I just fast until five. If I have to eat twice for social acceptance one day, I do then go back to my normal routine the next day.

Tired out

I have to have a hot drink in the morning with skim milk and a splenda packet or a shot of zero calorie vanilla.
I tried IF and I had no energy for morning workout. Since it is winter and I can move my workout to afternoon I may give it another go. BUT I will have my morning coffee.
I think I will give this a test the next 2 weeks.Then there is eating going on for Christmas eve-New years Day...Hey I bake and I eat. Then I pay with cravings getting back on track.
My hope is that if I am especially good the next couple of weeks I will loose a couple of pounds to gain during the holidays.
Robbing Peter to pay Paul..LOL!

BusynMember

I have flavored coffee with zero calorie syrup, no creamer until its time to eat. Zero calories never breaks a fast.

Honestly, the syrup makes me like the coffee lots even without the cream! With OMAD I can have a real snack but I usually break it in half since one piece of cake is often 600 calories. My meal is about 1000 calories so I can fit that in on the holidays and still eat plenty healthy food too. And I do! And I do not gain weight doing this. I have to be very good until my daughter's wedding in August. Kids keep those wedding photos forever!

Copabanana

IF and I had no energy for morning workout.
I was doing time restricted eating/IF too. I researched it a lot. The research shows you are better off eating early rather than eating late. The worst thing is to eat at night.

There is also accelerated fat burning after 18 hours of fasting, so you guys are doing it right.

What I came up with is not what others would want to do: I ate between 8 am and 2 pm. And now I am stopping eating at 4 pm. I am having a harder time I think because I am not eating enough.