Focus on My (Your) Health & Well-Being

seek

If you are and have been dealing with a family member suffering from alcoholism/drug abuse, you become sick from the stress of it all - the using/acting out/yelling/court stuff/crying/homelessness/hospitalizations/jail-time - it is all unbelievable - and yet, most of us go on - work, try to maintain some semblance of sanity - but it is hard.

Many of us suffer from anxiety/depression - live in fear for the next disaster - jump when the phone rings - can't get to sleep - don't feel whole or safe.

Just for today: Focus on your needs - your health - your well-being. Get a massage, a mani-pedi, work in the garden, shut the phone off . . .

Tomorrow think about how it is that one person has been allowed to control YOUR well-being - that is not "right" - yet we allow that out of LOVE - when they are clean and sober, we become HOPEFUL . . . it's normal human behavior to want your family members to be safe and okay and to be upset when they are not . . .

Focus on YOU today. Relax. All is well for this moment.

If you have tips or wisdom to share about maintaining your peace, health, and wholeness, please do!

Seek, thank you so much for sharing this. Personally for me, its been so many years in this state of hyper-vigilance that becoming aware of this state and then wanting to change it has been one of the hardest, longest concepts to wrap my head around. I have been practicing self-care and it feels alien at times but I do it anyway. It'll eventually become the norm one day if I do. This is a great reminder that I can change my life and start taking care of me. Thanks do much!

seek

I know I am in the habit of being upset.

Right now I have a knot in my stomach.

I need to take care of me - no one else can do it!

The difficult person should live for years and years after I die (in the normal progression of things).

I have given up 25+ years of my life - I think that is enough!

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
Enough is enough.

No matter what happens, I know I wasn't the cause. I have the power to be a positive in other peoples lives....my own, other children, friends, even strangers.

Surround yourself with judgeless people, try something new..look at the stars. sometimes..turn off the phone, the world will not end.

seek

Today I woke up, took a shower, got dressed, made coffee, unpacked from the weekend, shed a tear or two - checked FB and saw that my grandson had logged on (which indicates he's alive, but probably not at work) . . . trying to let the "detective" go . . .

I am not sure what I am going to do today to take care of myself - writing here is one way I do that because I really NEED to have other human interaction and don't know any actual people to talk to about this stuff in real life.

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
It is hard for them not to be in the forefront of your mind, but when you step back and realize that Only you can choose joy for yourself, they do not think of us.

You hold all the power for yourself, you choose if they hurt you, you choose if you want to sit in the dark or join the light of where life is moving, changing. We are given everyday gifts all around us, grab one!

You have suffered enough and have reaped only heartache. Take your time for you, surround yourself with positive people, find something everyday that is just for you.

You deserve it!

seek

I woke up this morning tired and off-center . . . took time in the shower to meditate. The water healed me (I set the intention for that). I feel MUCH better.

Also: I had a worry about something and I was able to let it go and have faith that I would be able to handle whatever. That is major progress.

seek

My grandson is staying with me. He is sober, working, going to meetings.

I have been spending a lot of time cleaning and clearing my home (energetically - sage-ing, diffusing essential oils, etc.) I am physically exhausted.

Today I am going to do some more cleaning and then may work in the garden or do something to beautify the yard outside.

I am going to get a mani/pedi this afternoon.

He made breakfast for himself and didn't ask if I wanted any and I was feeling a little sorry for myself, but then realized I could make breakfast for myself (I never do because I normally don't eat breakfast). So I did and it was good. Noting that because I am trying to create new, healthier habits for myself.