Food Yes, No Money

Son called and wanted to come home and shower. Translation: let me come home and lay around and then get money from you for drugs and alcohol.

I offered to bring him food because I know he hasn't eaten. But he declined the food and wanted ten dollars. Guess that's enough to get take the edge off. I said no, hung up, and turned off my phone.

In the past, I would have felt so bad because it's Thanksgiving and he has no food. Well, I offered food and now it's Happy Thanksgiving to ME.

Lost in sadness

Well done for sticking to your boundaries! I am so sorry it was on Thanksgiving, it must have been so painful for you. I hope you found some joy in your day with other people that love and value you! Xx

pasajes4

Must be the season. My son syarted texting and calling while I was out for dinner. He wanted 10 dollars. He did not ask for food. I did not answer the calls nor did I respond to his text messages. The messages became more thteatning and menacing. I would like to say it did not bother me.

IBTL, Good for you for sticking to upholding your boundaries. It still sucks rocks.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Must be the season. My son syarted texting and calling while I was out for dinner. He wanted 10 dollars. He did not ask for food. I did not answer the calls nor did I respond to his text messages. The messages became more thteatning and menacing. I would like to say it did not bother me.

IBTL, Good for you for sticking to upholding your boundaries. It still sucks rocks.
Well done Pasa and yes it does suck rocks.