Forgive me Father, for I have squashed a mouse

gcvmom

Here we go again!
...that my kittehs brought uninvited into my house. :(

Poor little thing was being tossed and flipped and I couldn't stand watching them torture it anymore.

So I did the sensible thing and whomped on it with difficult child 1's size 10 shoe, and then gingerly lifted it by the tail and put it outside. Although "put" is a rather mild term.

"Flung" is probably more accurate.

Good thing I have hard floors. I don't recommend this trick on carpet. :ashamed:

donna723

Don't feel too guilty. I've done worse than that to some of them. I figure it's them or me!

I've had to retrieve them out of the dog's mouth before. Ragan gives them up willingly when I tell her to, but Katy wants to hang on to her trophy and will run around with her cheeks puffed out and the little tail hanging out of her mouth trying to convince me that there is not a mouse in there! I must be quite a sight - I get the dog in a headlock, then grab the dangling mouse tail with my paper towel covered hand, then tell her "Spit!" until she finally gives it up. Lucky for me, the mice are usually dead after all that. Then I fling it out the back door to my waiting hoard of kitties!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Possum brings them to me, and drops them at my feet.

EWWWW. I grab a paper towel.

I can't stand dead mice.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Isn't humane an awful derivative of the word human?

(Gives last rights to the mouse) .....sighs....may he rest in cheese.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Isn't humane an awful derivative of the word human?

(Gives last rights to the mouse) .....sighs....may he rest in cheese.

You got that right!

Cheese... :rofl: How cheesy!

What surprised me is that Whiskers, the neurotic and slightly retarded cat is the one that apparently caught it out in the garage and proudly brought it in through the little cat door we have in the door to the garage. Both cats were staked out patiently in a corner of the garage the night before, so this must have been what got their attention.

I didn't want to get bit (they hadn't killed it yet) and there was really no other way I could see to get it outside. If I'd tried to catch it, with my luck it would have ended up under the couch and then I'd have a real problem getting to it.

Won't tell you what I do to ground squirrels... :devil:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:rofl: ground squirrels... Ummm... They make good spaghetti meat...

Ewwwwww! Okay, that's ONE recipe I refuse to try! :tongue: I have no problem dispatching, them, but eating the varmints is a whole 'nuther issue!

I know, I know.... tastes like chicken! YUCK.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I like weird stuff. LOL But I will NOT eat the ones in the house, if they are that brave they may have issues of their own!

OK... So I wouldn't really.

TerryJ2

Bless you, my child. And bless the mouse.
LOL and grossing out at the same time, at all the responses.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Last Rites from Father Guido Sarducci-

Espiritu Sanctu E'Rodentia Heaven.......
In the name of the Father
In the name of the Son
And in the hole he goes

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
You are horrible!!!
Well here is what we do to Pack Rats out here!!!

The other day husband and I were driving back from dropping off the kids and I saw a Kangaroo Rat in the road, I got out and had to nudge it out of the middle of the busy street.
They are SOOOO cute!
It kept hoping up at me, which I now know is their defense mechanism, and kicking me with his large hind legs.
I was telling the fat little guy that I was trying to save his life. I had to nudge, he would kick me I would nudge... it was a back and forth little game.
We finally got to the side of the road back to the sand and he hopped away off into the desert.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, I usually have roadrunners in the yard to take care of stuff like this (except they're not usually inSIDE my house, let alone inside at NIGHT), but the chickens chase them off now. And heaven help any rodent that wanders into the coop or run -- the hens make short work of mice, lizards, you name it!