Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day people.

What a day! I had a meeting today, we had to re-elect the organisation team. I was expecting trouble from one person, adult difficult child who has been trying to white-ant me. I was voted in last year as chair purely to keep this person in check. Since then she's been trying to do her utmost to damage my reputation. When I realised just how much damage she was doing, I began repairs two months ago. Today she behaved badly and democracy ruled. And from here on, we begin the big clean-up.

I've been warned to watch my back - literally. Previous chairs have admitted to me that they were soft on her because they are scared of her. And her behaviour today was designed to be intimidating, so I'm giving consideration to taking out a protection order. I'm definitely getting legal advice on the matter. I'm not scared of her, but others are scared for me.

It's nice to be valued. By everyone except this particular difficult child, anyway.

Tomorrow is a major local street fair where our group (from today) are selling new publications. I've got a carton packed ready to take with me. We just had a very large thunderstorm which I hope is not an indication of tomorrow's weather. I hate trying to sell items made of paper in the rain! The main purpose for the stall is to promote an event coming up.

I'm wording this carefully because I don't want to leave key words available for this difficult child to Google. After today I realise this is not paranoia. Despite this, all I feel is a sense of relief. Apart from the unpleasantness, we had a good meeting (after the difficult child stormed out in a tantrum). Last time she stayed away for six months.

Wish me luck!

Marg

cubsgirl

Good Morning Marg and everyone who follows.

I have a LONG day planned. I work from 8-4:30 and then tonight I'm going out with some friends to a haunted house. I'm not really into the horror/Halloween thing but I think I'll have a great time with my two friends.

Nothing else going on in my world.

T

TeDo

Marg, now you have ME scared for you. Be so very careful and do what you need to do to stay safe. You will be in my prayers.

cubsgirl, sorry you have to work but it sounds like you're going to have a fun evening. Enjoy the company if not the activity.

The boys are gone for the day. difficult child 1's adult mentor took both boys out to his farm for a huge get-together. they are hiking, riding horse, making scarecrows, having a bonfire, etc. The boys were excited and I have the day to myself. NO plans except grocery shopping which won't take long.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Morning all,

Marg, I'd say watch your back. by the way, what the heck does "white-ant" mean?

cubsgirl, enjoy your night out with friends.

TeDo, an entire day with-o the boys. Whatever will you do?
:flirtysmile3::choir:

My sis, brother in law, & dad are in town. After I drop kt off at Residential Treatment Center (RTC), I will be heading over to my niece's home to attend a craft fair with sis, niece & "almost" nephew's mom. Dad & brother in law are picking wm up for lunch & having that male bonding time.

Have a good day all.

buddy

Good morning, sounds like everyone is having either a fun, producive and in TeDo's case hopefully relaxing???? day. This morning they are delaying Concerta for difficult child at the hospital. wonder how long they can take it. thing is if he can just be distracted by something electronic they will see nothing, I doubt they do that but if he has to cooperate with the breakfast routine, try a group with out medications etc....THAT will be funny to me. His first day they were late with hte medications till 11:30 so had a preview of what would happen, but that was both the concerta and the lyrica. they did have the clonidine but... that night was when he had the huge meltdown and they gave ativan. No ativan since. Here's hoping something good comes of this.

AS for me, I am gonna take a nap. Then laundry, then old dishes that are rinsed but didn't touch for this week....!!!! Will go to hospital tonight. C u later!

Marg's Man

Marg, I'd say watch your back.
She will and I'll be behind her, facing the other way.

by the way, what the heck does "white-ant" mean?
"white-ant" is a common (here at least) term to describe termites. The phrase means to attack someone in such a way as to not seem to be doing any damage, one small bit a at a time until the whole structure (of reputation, physical health, etc) is eaten away.

If you've ever seen the damage done by termites to a wooden structure, you will seen how the wood seems sound until it suddenly collapses due to the internal weakness.

This woman has been bad mouthing Marg for months so the attacks are neither new or unexpected. Marg has many more friends than enemies and me who will support her against this woman.

Marg's Man

Marguerite

I suspect this morning's (it's now Sunday here) street fair stall will give the rest of us plenty of time for a council of war. These guys (my friends in this group) were on another staff a few weeks ago and the darlings began the "Marg defence" project then, in my absence.

I'm heading out there in half an hour for an all day session of not selling any books (there, I said the word. Hopefully she won't Google it). We'll shore up our structure and instal ant-caps, metaphorically speaking.

Marg

InsaneCdn

Marg...

You be careful out there!

We need you. Just like we need Janet and some other really-seasoned warriors out there...
If there were anything we could do from here, we would...

You go, girl!

buddy

marg, feeling stupid....what word? dont say it again if you think she will really google it but is there really a word there that could be googled and lead to this site? Seems like all normal words to me...except what is ant-caps? (that came after you that you said the word so I dont think I am risking anything) Love to learn other folks lingo....smile

Marguerite

okay, the key words I was avoiding in this thread were to do with my current intense involvement in the art of composing literature. We were selling these items yesterday (Sunday) at a street fair. Interestingly, person in question stopped by, generally when I was either absent or in the shadows at the back of the stall (and she did not see me). According to the others (and I noted for myself discreetly) she was polite, sweet, friendly... *twilight zone theme playing*.

Termites here are called white ants, even though they're not ants. Just as plentiful though. And as husband posted earlier, our termites can do a lot of damage surreptitiously before you realise. "Ant caps" are metal sheets that are placed over brick piers under houses to prevent termites building their mud tunnels from the ground into the house. An under-floor inspection will see if there are any attempts by termites to build tunnels into the house and these can be broken away to stop the termites. or alert a householder to the need to put in an urgent call to the exterminators. With ant caps, they are usually square and extend beyond the brick piers, bent down also a bit, to really make it difficult for the termites. Termites cannot stand the light (they're the vampires of the insect world, preying on houses and dead timber anywhere).

I didn't think we were so different with respect to termites.

As for my difficult child former friend, I am not personally concerned for my safety. However, the tantrums are confronting for others, causing significant distress and fear. I don't think I will do anything for now, she may decide to behave. But then with that statement, I think I just saw a flock of swine in formation overhead...

Better close this off, it's Monday here now!

Marg