Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

I've had a quiet day today. husband, difficult child 1 & girlfriend went to church but difficult child 3 & I stayed home so he could get more schoolwork done. He's running way behind one a couple of subjects and it's urgent that he catch up. He hates working on a weekend but got a lot of work done yesterday and more today. I'd hoped he'd get even more done, but maybe tomorrow - it IS a school day, after all.

While he worked on the computer, we sat Lucky the baby budgie on the new playgym, which we sat on the desk. And the little bird just sat there and dozed, happy to be near difficult child 3 but not distracting him at all.

It's really cold here but the rain and snow forecast didn't arrive. Never snow here, of course. But Blue Mountains stayed snow-less. A lot fell on the ski fields down south though, so they're all happy. I suspect all the moisture went there, none of it came north as expected.

easy child staggered home late afternoon. She & BF2 were at a party on Saturday night, she said she drank a lot less than usual then rattled of a list of between 4 and 6 drinks. Hmm, "usual" must be way too much then.
Still, she says she shouldn't be feeling so sick. No headache, but nausea in quantity and had to stop a number of times while driving home, to "talk to Ralph on the big white phone". Then she told me what she ate at the party - all food which is very greasy plus highly spiced to cover up the rate at which it can go off. With her current sensitive stomach, I think she's got a touch of food poisoning. BF2 is fine - he was at work today, got home on the last boat tonight.

I just hope she's going to be well enough to go to work tomorrow - the last thing I need, while difficult child 3 is needing to work hard, is a dying swan needing an audience.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

Marg

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Marg- I'd be concerned about easy child as well. You may want to make sure she isn't slipping into binge drinking or that she's been slipped a mickey. I hope difficult child 3 catches up the work quickly. When is the school year done for you? I think you started up recently, right?

Duckie and I have church this morning. husband will be staying home (or going to Home Depot) because he was up all night doing disaster recovery drills for work. Duckie has a play date later. :)

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

LittleDudesMom

:beautifulthing:Good Morning Marg and All to Follow!

the last thing I need, while difficult child 3 is needing to work hard, is a dying swan needing an audience.

Marg, what a hoot!! Hope difficult child is able to get a good chunk of work done. difficult child absolutely loves birds, and his father enjoys them as well. I'm not for letting any of them fly around because they "mess" so much :surprise:.

What a day I had yesterday! Got up early (for a Saturday) and was at my cousin's by 6:30 for the big yard sale. We had a great day, met some really cool folk, and she made a good chunk of money. By 1:00, things were cleaned up and I was on my way to Wendy's to get difficult child some nuggets as requested via my cell!!!

Came home and did a few things, easy child got back from her wedding photo job, and then the teens decended, my cousin arrived, and the grill got fired up (just for me, cousin and difficult child) :coolest:.

I was pretty tired last night, especially since I got some sun, and wanted to sleep in this morning. I don't have my SS class this morning and worship is not until 11. But........ I was up by 6 without hope of going back......

easy child and I are hitting the gym right after church then I have another bbq at 5. Just my Sunday School students for hot dogs and hot tub! We are ending class for the school year (we don't have kid's SS during the summer at our church to give the teachers a break) and this is our little "party". I think I'll fall in bed early tonight :sleepy:!!

Wishing everyone a relaxing Sunday, hope you find some peach with your family today :flirting:.

Sharon

**Tm, you weren't there before!! Good Morning - hope your day is a good one!

Marguerite

TM, I don't think she had her drink spiked. BF2 was there as well, the party was at a private home of a friend of theirs and nothing would have been gained in spiking her drink. It was a good thought, though. It does happen a lot, even though our laws have been tightened up so that drink spiking, even merely adding extra alcohol to someone's drink "for a joke", is now treated as assault. Plus the recent case of Dianne Brimble's death after drink spiking has changed a lot of public attitude.

easy child 2/difficult child 2 doesn't drink as much as she used to - she still drinks more than she should, in my opinion, but seems to be much better at stopping. She also would have known that she needed to drive the car next day, and our police are on the prowl every weekend, breathlysing every P plate driver they find. ANY alcohol in the reading, and the licence is gone. She's very wary about it, and since getting her licence has cut way back on her drinking.

Our school year begins at the end of January, and continues until about a week before Christmas. We have four terms and are not quite halfway through Term 2.

TM, I hope you enjoy your day and husband catches up on his sleep.

Sharon, the yard sale sounds like a great success. I don't know where you get your energy from - you'll be tired tonight, if you do all that you've planned.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Marg, does difficult child's budgie help him stay focused while he does his work? Curious as kt will be getting more homework next year & I'm looking for anything that will keep her on task. Hope easy child doesn't do the swan thing.:happy-very:

TM, hope husband catches up on his sleep.

Sharon (LDM), so the bbq is at 5, huh? What can I bring besides a hungry family? :redface:

I awoke to a beautiful, but very cool morning. The sun is shining & I can hear the birds outside. I'm hoping it warms up enough that I can sit outside & work on my nature journal.

kt has a ton of laundry to do today (she's been putting it off for 3 days now). I'm working on the menu & grocery order for the week. Looking for extremely easy meals this week - I'm thinking crockpot meals & things kt can cook.

Here's to a day filled with laughter:bigsmile:, reasons to smile:painter: & sunshine. :beach: