Good Saturday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

We had a rainy start to our Saturday but already it is clearing. We're leaving for Green Bay in a bit to visit with my mom and then Dad and his wife. First, I wanted to weigh in. Wish I had decided against it but it's always better to know I guess.

We'll be back tomorrow afternoon but before we leave I'll get to have lunch with my two good friends from high school!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

:hot: What else can I say??

Sharon, good for you for weighing in first! Hope easy child had a good birthday yesterday. Enjoy the trip!

Got a lot more done yesterday that I anticipated. Lots of help from difficult child :surprise: - cleaned out the car for me - put some laundry away, set all the light timers....could it actually be that he is becoming responsible? I've already packed his and my stuff, the toiletries are packed, the beach gear is already in the car....nothing else to do but hit the road - tomorrow.......

Today I'll do a little putzing around the house, difficult child wants to go to the game store and get a new game for his PSP which will give me an excuse for gassing up the car. My cousin is coming for dinner tonight and, as hot as it is, I'm grilling swordfish! Hopefully by 7 and with the big fan I have out there, we will not melt!! I'm using a new marinade recipe (soy, ginger, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and dijon) for the swordfish, my cousin is bringing the tossed salad, and I'm doing a kidney bean, purple onion, celery, and mandarin orange side dish. I've got a piece of chicken thawing for difficult child!

Hope your Saturday is restful and cool :water_happy:

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/WO, enjoy your visit to Green Bay. Drive safely! Enjoy your lunch with your friends.

Sharon/LDM, I think the secret with difficult child, is you gave him organising/tidying tasks which he could own. I hope you thanked him and made it clear that getting those jobs done meant tat you could all leave earlier and with less stress all round!

I had another quiet day today. I did go out (on scooter) this morning down to the shops. But the library was shut, so was the post office. All I could do was buy the milk.
Then I spent the rest of the day resting and snoozing, before going to mother in law's for dinner. Leftovers. But this time I remembered the gremolata for the osso bucco, which really makes this dish. I added a few other touches and presto! It's a new meal!

For those who asked last night (my time - yesterday morning's thread), osso bucco is an Italian dish which uses the osso bucco cut of beef or veal - slices through the shin, bone included. When it is cooked the marrow comes out of the bone and flavours the sauce. This gives the dish its name which in Italian means "bone with a hole in it". You can also make it with other cuts of meat, such as sliced lamb shanks, or ox-tail or even kangaroo tail. But veal shin is classic.
It's made with a herby, garlicky tomato and wine sauce that the meat simmers in very slowly for hours until it is falling apart. Then just before serving I sprinkle over gremolata made from freshly chopped garlic, freshly chopped parsley and lemon zest. It's wonderful winter comfort food, needs to be served with rice or mashed potato.

Tomorrow is a public day at the train track, so we're heading off in the morning. husband isn't happy about me going and depending on how I feel, I may stay home. But I'm glad I went last month, they really needed me. I had planned on sleeping in the car, but no chance last time because we were so busy. But husband parks the car right next to the ticket box, so I've got everything I need really handy and if it does quieten down enough, I can go and rest. If I get that bad, husband will also take me home again.

It gives us the chance to buy fish on the way home, for an easy dinner.

Enjoy your Saturday, people.

Marg

BusynMember

I shouldn't have sounded so harsh. I'm sorry.

Your son, however, could have Aspergers and the psychologist, who is so positive he doesn't could be wrong. We had that happen to us. There are no blood tests for these disorders. It's best to get more than one opinion and NeuroPsychs do extensive testing to see where the problems are. If he's not Aspergers, he has Aspie traits and would likely benefit from the same exact treatment anyway. Good luck (((hugs))).