Good thoughts, if you can

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I know the power of the board.

The school, while having been fairly decent of late, is, I'm pretty sure, building a case to start removing Wee's supports. I have no doubt it is either the principal or the super behind it.

I am trying to figure out how to head it off.

If you can spare a prayer, I'd appreciate it.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
YOU GOT IT!!!

"He's doing so well" - hahaha. Let's see what the board can do to DEactivate this koi!!!

buddy

uggg. sorry about that.

why exactly do they think he IS doing so well.. duh

good thoughts going to you...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Exactly.

He's doing well because they are giving him what he needs. Take it away and it will fall apart, I gaurantee it. But I would bet money that is what they are working on.

Mainstream shamestream. The outside consultant (who came in and said THE SAME THING the "in district" consultant said) said it would take 12-18 months PER YEAR of behavior to extinct it. We've been almost 12, but he's not on a full day yet. Close, but not there.

I will be glad to give their methods a try, just as soon as they sign an agreement that no matter what, they keep him at school and don't call me or have him arrested or charged.

I seriously dislike them.

Methuselah

Shari, I'm sorry you are dealing with this.

What they are doing doesn't make sense. It would be like taking away a support post placed to stop a sagging roof from collapsing, simply because the roof is now no longer in jeopardy of collapsing. :-/

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Well, I always like the eyeglasses argument...

If a child was having trouble because he could not see the blackboard - and he started to improve after receiving eyeglasses...why would you then assume that his performance would continue to improve if you removed the eyeglasses?

InsaneCdn

Well, I always like the eyeglasses argument...

If a child was having trouble because he could not see the blackboard - and he started to improve after receiving eyeglasses...why would you then assume that his performance would continue to improve if you removed the eyeglasses?

<LIKE> <LIKE> where's that button?!

Sending good thoughts your way! I truly cannot believe this, how can they be so cheap? Ask if the supports are needed elsewhere in the district. This may explain things, they are tooo cheap to hire more staff.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I think thats it, uan. And I have half a notion to tell them that I think that's their plan...not that it will help, but. He's been there 4 years. And we have less than 1 decent year...is it REALLY time to pull whats working.

T

TeDo

He's doing well because they are giving him what he needs.
DUH!!!!!
but he's not on a full day yet. Close, but not there.
Maybe THAT'S what they should be trying to do BEFORE they try to pull supports. Another DUH!!

just as soon as they sign an agreement that no matter what, they keep him at school and don't call me or have him arrested or charged.
You GO girl!!!

Posse standing by.........

susiestar

Roll With It
Ugh. I was afraid of this when I saw the post. They had best NOT pull supports until they have him at successful full days, but of course they are short sighted idjits. So they will want to.

Stand your ground and take none of this from any of them. let them know that you are prepared to take any/all action if they take his supports. He needs them, he has them, they remove them and have him arrested for acting out that THEY caused and you will take them to court.

Have a sit down with THEIR lawyer about this. He seems like a reasonable human being and more than once has told them that they can't do what they want/are doing because it is illegal and they have to do it your way. When THEIR atty says this, THEY know they are idjits and maybe will refrain from exposing their true nature.

I am so disgusted with your SD, and I know it is worse for you.

(((((hugs)))))

JJJ

I would start your own campaign.

"The current supports have shown to help Wee but he is still not receiving his FAPE as he is still unable to attend a full day of school. What additional supports are needed to make this happen?"

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Team meets soon to review the IEP. I'll fake sick and make them postpone the meeting if I have to. Staying on the slightly shorter days is better than throwing him in mainstream for NEW MATH INSTRUCTION at the end of the day, IMVHO. I'll end the meeting and file another child complaint if that's what it comes down to (I have one, and maybe 2, almost ready to file right now) and get the advocates back involved.

I've already called their attorney.

And remember, I could be wrong (but I will never know...if they don't try to push the extended day with no aid - will it be that they weren't going to? Or that the lawyer told them not to? The world may never know.) I am just speculating that is there move. But the speculation is based on - the principal has a control complex, and I've stood up to her when Wee had his "major rage" at school earlier this year. Her big threat to charge him and suspend him for a week was blown out of the water and I called BS on her stories to cover her butt. I've rejected her plan to extend his day without an aid twice. I know they don't have available staff to extend his day. And I called her out on her blatant violation of privacy by her conversations with me out in the middle of public (at a football game, and at a restaurant where she sat down at the table with us to talk about Wee and his previous behaviors without an aid with Wee sitting RIGHT THERE! I'm supposed to tell her about him hitting, spitting, and throwing chairs in front of him??? Surrounded by his peers, no less...) To say she doesn't like me would be like saying nuclear war would make you sick.

I also recently learned that she's looking to be a superintendent.

I have also since heard a rumor that I have not been able to confirm, but it came from another teacher in the building. The subjective part of the rumor is that the principal was brought in to her previous principal job to make some heads roll. That several teachers were fired within a year of her arrival into that district. Subsequently, though, she was fired for being too strict. I am trying to at least confirm whether or not she was fired.