Good Thursday Morning

pigless in VA

Bingo rose, did his doga, ate breakfast and went back to bed. Apparently the backyard wildlife does not need to be monitored this morning. Yesterday, he was diligently digging in the digging spot, and a chipmunk shot out of the hole. Bingo lept about 4 feet into the air, but the Evil Knievel chipmunk landed about 6 feet up on the tree trunk and kept running up. If only I had a video camera strapped to my head.

I was assigned to Diane yesterday afternoon to help her with frog dissection. We had great fun, although she kept sniffing the formaldehyde. I was a little worried that she would eat a frog piece, but she did not. The kids at our table were all talking about another girl I know. They were talking about how this girl had cut herself on Tuesday night and skipped P.E. class yesterday. I assume that means the cuts are on her legs. This morning I will go to her counselor and report it. Someone needs to talk to the girl.

The weather was positively perfect yesterday. The sky was sunny with fluffy clouds and a steady cool breeze. I was happy to be outside for two P.E. classes. It appears as though today may be more of the same, but no P.E. today. I will have to mow the rest of my backyard hay later, and see if Bingo can scare up a live chew toy.

pasajes4

I read somewhere on the internet about dawn dish soap works wonders for moles. You might want to check that out.

I am going out to breakfast with a friend this morning. The plan after that is to go around the corner to Home Depot. I find a great deal of peace in pretending that I can do things. I will happily browse for at least an hour imagining how glorious my project will look. The second hour will be spent calling my handyman and convincing him to come and tell me if my vision will work and how much he will charge me to do the work. We will both leave happy.

I did try to do a simple project the other day. The end result is that my entire side is bruised and sore because I fell off the step ladder. My thought as I fell in slow mo was how long it takes to die if you can't get up, and no one bothers to check on you when they don't hear from you for a few days. Happy thoughts.

ksm

In about an hour and a half two teen girls from church will arrive and help clean, along with my 15yo. Last Christmas the teens did an auction as a fund raiser, donating their services. My daughter was not happy that I was the highest bidder. Now she had to sweep, dust, mop and wipe down woodwork in her own house.

She's not happy anyway, so... Oh well...

KSM

Scent of Cedar *

although she kept sniffing the formaldehyde. I was a little worried that she would eat a frog piece

Ewwwww!

I find a great deal of peace in pretending that I can do things

:O)

We will both leave happy.

Ha! You sound like me and D H. Except D H is seldom happy with my handyman thinking.

I fell off the step ladder

Oh, no!

My thought as I fell in slow mo was how long it takes to die if you can't get up, and no one bothers to check on you when they don't hear from you for a few days.

It takes a really long time, I think. But you have your daughter there pasa. She would have come to find you.

I know what you mean, though.

Spooky.

Finally have all the windows and screens done inside and out. I'll be working in the garden today, but I don't know what to do about the plants that were damaged ~ whether to cut them back (which I think I am going to do) or leave them and hope they come back on their own.

I ran out of rubbing alcohol halfway through the window marathon yesterday and so, made a window cleaning solution of half vinegar, half water, and half a teaspoon of Dawn. The glass is shining.

If you do this, use a squegee.

Today I am going to begin on the second rock garden. I am doing something there with birdhouses and maybe, a birdbath-fountain. Or maybe, it will just turn out to be rocks, for now. I've already hung a number of birdhouses and bird feeders in the trees surrounding the area.

We cannot put seed in the feeders, or the bears will come.

One of the neighbors told us a mother with four ~ count 'em, four ~ cubs has been spotted. I found a picture online for us.

stock-photo-brown-bear-with-cubs-in-forest-bear-family-bear-cubs-with-mother-bear-107576840.jpg

I certainly am chatty this morning.

Have a good day, everybody.

:smile:

Copabanana, if you are reading, the young boy at your work was correct. You are fascinating.

Cedar

KTMom91

Good morning!

It's only supposed to be 93 today. Went to the chiropractor yesterday for the chronic pain in my neck (no, not Hubby!) and my whole head is very sensitive today. I have two reviews to write, and Day Two of Islam, since Day Three comes out at noon. I was seriously sloth yesterday.

I do have some errands to run, and I want to do them while it's still relatively cool.

Have a terrific Thursday!

AppleCori

Good Morning!

Well, I'm at home till 5, when I go to get my roots done (not that there is any gray in my roots, of course ;)).

Need to do some cleaning, as I was busy last night and didn't do any cleaning after I got home.

KSM--Having the teen girls come in to help with your house cleaning sounds so wonderful! I remember the days when I had my teen girls to help with cleaning. I miss those days! My girls were wonderful at decorating and great handy (wo)men. They have always wanted to flip houses. Those aptitude tests back in their high school days would always point the to a career in construction among other things.

Pasa--tell us about the project you are envisioning! I love 'house' talk.

Cedar--wow you are busy! I haven't done the screens yet around here. Spring cleaning never quite got off the ground at my house.

Wishing everyone a great day!

Apple

Lil

I am going out to breakfast with a friend this morning. The plan after that is to go around the corner to Home Depot. I find a great deal of peace in pretending that I can do things. I will happily browse for at least an hour imagining how glorious my project will look. The second hour will be spent calling my handyman and convincing him to come and tell me if my vision will work and how much he will charge me to do the work. We will both leave happy.

I did try to do a simple project the other day. The end result is that my entire side is bruised and sore because I fell off the step ladder. My thought as I fell in slow mo was how long it takes to die if you can't get up, and no one bothers to check on you when they don't hear from you for a few days. Happy thoughts.

I started to "like" your post...because I too love browsing the Home Improvement Stores and thinking of projects. Unfortunately, Jabber and I always think we can do them ourselves; we start them, and then they sit unfinished. (See: Large pile of kitchen cabinets and appliances still in the basement in boxes!)

Then I read the last paragraph. Yeah...that's cheerful...not! I hardly think you're a "I'm fallen and I can't get up" type just yet from what I've read. But BE CAREFUL! Did you at least finish your project?

In about an hour and a half two teen girls from church will arrive and help clean, along with my 15yo.

Finally have all the windows and screens done inside and out. I'll be working in the garden today, but I don't know what to do about the plants that were damaged ~ whether to cut them back (which I think I am going to do) or leave them and hope they come back on their own.

I ran out of rubbing alcohol halfway through the window marathon yesterday and so, made a window cleaning solution of half vinegar, half water, and half a teaspoon of Dawn. The glass is shining.

Need to do some cleaning, as I was busy last night and didn't do any cleaning after I got home.

Good heavens all you woman make me tired! I work all day then go home and one of us cooks dinner and then Jabber and I both sit on our ample behinds doing NOTHING the rest of the night.

Cleaning? What is this "cleaning" of which you speak? If dust were gold, I'd be able to press out an ingot at least. I did vacuum Sunday - because I went barefoot on the carpet and realized things were crunching. I'm pretty sure there are windows under the dirt - I'm still paying for them after all. :(

Well time for me to fly. Mammogram day. What fun. :stopglass:

AppleCori

Oh, just wanted to brag here....

I have been really diligent on my exercise and haven't missed a day in quite a while. I have a treadmill at home and TRY to get in at least an hour a day and have been slowly increasing my speed and incline. I do something every day, at least.

And--the best part--someone at the gym noticed that I look more toned than usual! OK, so that person is my daughter's swim teacher, and I have been talking to her about how I am working out harder, so not sure if it was more of a moral booster or not--but I will take it!

I can't wait to put on my clingy exercise pants and not have a tummy bulge!

Hubby and I have been laying off the extra calories lately, or trying. He has lost some weight, I can tell. I secretly--or not so secretly--hope he doesn't loose too much, because I like my guys kinda big and snuggly! He talks about how, when he was young, he was under 200 lbs and I'm like--no, please don't get that skinny! I love my big teddy bear!

pasajes4

I did not finish my project. I called my handy man who yelled at me for trying to kill myself. I love that young man. he spends so much time at my house that I think of him as a son. When he works late, I cook dinner and his wife and baby come over for dinner. Yep, I spoil him. He does great work and always throws in a few little jobs for free. Lil, I would clone him for you if I could.He did my entire kitchen from tile, granite, sink, plumbing, new walls the works for under 2,000. I always find ways to give him more.

jabber, This young man is a prison success story. He did the crime and did the time. He took advantage of every training and educational program they had. He is humble and grateful for having a second chance. It is possible for change to take place.

New Leaf

Busy Thursday for us still deep in preparation for Saturdays festivities. We will gather heliconia blossoms from the yard and red hued ti leaf to decorate the tent.
image012_lg.jpg
auntiloe.jpg

These plants are not shy to display their brilliantly hued colors gifted them.
Will be thinking of all of you and the comfort I receive here in this soft place.
Here is a song with a beautiful video for your Thursday enjoyment!
The Brothers Cazimero - "Home in the Islands"

Aloha
Leafy